Marshall pedals getting reissued?

I think you might be confused by a lot of things, so I guess we’ll agree to disagree. Yes, I know the difference between objectivity and subjectivity.

But look around the Internet. Look at all the examples of broken headstocks. Look at what people like Fender, Ernie Ball guys, PRS, Schecter, etc have all done with string pull. All opinion? I guess. If you say so. OR…..it’s fixing a design problem that Gibson can’t/won’t.

We could try an experiment where you pull some yarn in a straight line, and then around a sharp corner, and see which has more resistance. But that might be beyond the scope of this thread (no pun intended).

So enjoy your LP’s. TONS of people do. Tons of people have gotten that magic workaround to work for tuning. It’s how you cut the nut! And hey, the headstock is even stronger after it’s been reglued!

Anecdotal evidence =/= objective fact

“I heard some guy say it on the internet” =/= objectivity

I really couldn’t care less what your personal opinion of LPs is. I don’t care in the slightest if you personally hate everything about them.

It’s when people cross the line into “this isn’t just my opinion this is fact” and misrepresent their opinions and anecdotes as facts that it gets :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes::facepalm

I really couldn’t care less what your personal opinion of LPs is. I don’t care in the slightest if you personally hate everything about them.

It’s when people cross the line into “this isn’t just my opinion this is fact” and misrepresent their opinions and anecdotes as facts that it gets :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes::facepalm
Oh come on, man. Don’t be obtuse. It’s not “some guy on the internet”. Literal design choices for multimillion dollar companies have been made fixing the issues.

And yeah, you apparently care deeply about what my opinions of LP’s are. That much is obvious. But by all means; throw in a few more emojis. 😂

attack hug love you all GIF

There was some serious shark jumping many many times in TWD but I liked the Governor as a villain quite a bit
Yeah, the best villains in any series are the ones thinking they’re doing something for good. But yeah, the only thing to shark jump harder would be zombie sharks, with zombie Fonz jumping them. 😂

Hm...

Etc.

Again, it’s obvious I don’t like Les Pauls. However, only a fool would deny their iconic status, and they certainly sound great. People are willing to deal with their shortcomings and/or workarounds, and that’s great for them.

But to deny that there are design issues with them that could have been fixed (and have; Gibson themselves briefly changed the headstock pitch to 14 from 17, and they’ve also added volutes to some models) is pure unadulterated fanboyism.

Oh come on, man. Don’t be obtuse. It’s not “some guy on the internet”. Literal design choices for multimillion dollar companies have been made fixing the issues.

And yeah, you apparently care deeply about what my opinions of LP’s are. That much is obvious. But by all means; throw in a few more emojis. 😂

No, I really couldn’t care less what your opinions are. I really don’t care how much anyone hates Gibson or LPs

When you say “objective” you’re no longer talking about opinions. Objective literally means it is not your opinion or subjective to your thoughts or feelings.

For example, the measurement of the angle the strings break from the nut to the tuners and the measurement of the pressure placed on the point of contact for a given string size and tension is objective. Whether that is a flaw, or presents any problems to the player is subjective. It’s a personal thought/feeling/interpretation/experience based on the presented facts.

Maybe that seems overly pedantic, but I find it really annoying in forums like this because essentially it’s saying “this isn’t open to discussion. Your thoughts and opinions don’t matter because this is fact. If you don’t agree with me you are wrong”

No, I really couldn’t care less what your opinions are. I really don’t care how much anyone hates Gibson or LPs

When you say “objective” you’re no longer talking about opinions. Objective literally means it is not your opinion or subjective to your thoughts or feelings.

For example, the measurement of the angle the strings break from the nut to the tuners and the measurement of the pressure placed on the point of contact for a given string size and tension is objective. Whether that is a flaw, or presents any problems to the player is subjective. It’s a personal thought/feeling/interpretation/experience based on the presented facts.

Maybe that seems overly pedantic, but I find it really annoying in forums like this because essentially it’s saying “this isn’t open to discussion. Your thoughts and opinions don’t matter because this is fact. If you don’t agree with me you are wrong”
You are overly pedantic, dismissive, and in complete denial. No, I’ve not backed up my claim with scientific studies to determine the objective nature. It has been presented to you in many examples why the designs are an issue, and yet you ignore it. So, you do you. By all means, continue thinking an angle is equal as a straight line.

You are overly pedantic, dismissive, and in complete denial. No, I’ve not backed up my claim with scientific studies to determine the objective nature. It has been presented to you in many examples why the designs are an issue, and yet you ignore it. So, you do you. By all means, continue thinking an angle is equal as a straight line.

I never said I don’t think the designs are an issue (other than in joking to make a point about statements of objectivity).

You’re not understanding. I haven’t said anything defending Gibson or their designs, I’m just explaining that those opinions are not objective. They are by definition subjective.

I’m just explaining that those opinions are not objective. They are by definition subjective.

Given the headstock issue, they aren't. @paisleywookiee probably worded things so it could've been taken as something subjective, but Gibson guitars being more prone to headstock breakage is pretty much an objective fact, backed up both by countless examples of evidence and by, say, luthiers explaing how this very headstock design is so vulnerable.

Nah, that's not exactly true. There's companies not maxing out profits. Not too much but still some. It's the difference between making a healthy profit and greed.

With a company the size of Marshall would you expect them to be the norm or the rare exception in how they determine prices?

With a company the size of Marshall would you expect them to be the norm or the rare exception in how they determine prices?

I actually can't tell. There's been some amps that I think they could've been asking quite some more money for. But this very pedal right here is just outrageously priced - the fact that they will sell each and every one of the bunch doesn't change anything with that.

Aaand now you’ve sunk down to the even lower level of just mocking me…

Never mind, clearly you’re not understanding this at all so I’m not going to waste any more of my time trying to help you understand. Bye
Actually, that’s not me mocking you. That’s literally me face palming at you. Yeah, I clearly understand you being an overly dramatic drama queen, dying on the hill of subjectivity/objectivity, and making several posts about it, instead of understanding the point I initially made. You’re literally everything I’ve ever hated about TGP, or online forums in general, so thanks for that. Thank you for being overly pedantic about this all, instead of being pragmatic (really, my two favorite P words).

Back