Marshall pedals getting reissued?

I don’t know, does it have Velcro on the bottom?

No velcro! As said: mint condition!
WhatsApp.jpg

Do you think Marshall cares if people are only buying them because they’re nostalgic and think the original is automatically better?

I’m pretty sure they only care that there is a market they’re able to turn a profit from.

I’m not even going to get started on the bulls**t comment about people who play Les Pauls. I thought we were better than that around here :rolleyes:
Who said Marshall cares why people are buying them? Marshall has made it clear ever since Jim died that all they care about is profit.

As for people who play Les Pauls; people can buy what they like; I’m not looking down on them. But the Les Paul is objectively a poorly designed guitar with issues.

Marshall would be extremely dumb if they sat there watching people paying £600 for these and didn't reissue them. basically printing money as far as they're concerned

True. But seriously, what a f***ed up world. I mean, a very, very decent (and probably improved) clone can be had for roughly 50-100 bucks (and way less in case you know how to solder a PCB). But here's Marshall milking their customers with the perspective of this to become a collectors item.

True. But seriously, what a f***ed up world. I mean, a very, very decent (and probably improved) clone can be had for roughly 50-100 bucks (and way less in case you know how to solder a PCB). But here's Marshall milking their customers with the perspective of this to become a collectors item.

Yeah its crazy that the circuit can (and has) been vastly improved, and you can buy those with better jacks and switches etc for less money. But totally makes sense for marshall to make money off it rather than watching gear hoarders doing it. Not their fault there's a market for it, may be bad if they're cashing in on it, but its better than the price getting artificially pushed up. This should at least settle the hype on them if they're available to everyone

Who said Marshall cares why people are buying them? Marshall has made it clear ever since Jim died that all they care about is profit.

Of course. They aren’t a non-profit or a charity, they are a business. Do you think Jim would have kept making amps if he wasn’t making a profit on them?

That’s economics 101

But the Les Paul is objectively a poorly designed guitar with issues.

I can play that game too, watch:

The Les Paul is objectively a flawlessly designed guitar with zero issues

Nobody is forcing anyone to buy anything. Each person is free to choose what they spend their money on.

Nobody is forcing anyone to buy anything. Each person is free to choose what they spend their money on.

Oh, of course. But it's spoiling the market. I mean, let's be realistic, not a single drive pedal on earth is worth the asking price of a Klon Centaur. And while you obviously don't have to buy it, it also raises the price for clones.

The Les Paul is objectively a flawlessly designed guitar with zero issues
😂 except the dog shit string pull angle and weak headstock, poor balance, etc.

It’s totally fine to love Les Pauls. They’re iconic, and Gibson sells them by the truckload. But the adherence to tradition instead of improving the design yields the same results.

Last edited:
Oh, of course. But it's spoiling the market. I mean, let's be realistic, not a single drive pedal on earth is worth the asking price of a Klon Centaur. And while you obviously don't have to buy it, it also raises the price for clones.

That gets into some pretty murky waters. I mean, if they’re the original creators of the circuit should they have to consider the impact on all the competition who have been selling copies of the work they created?

Price will be what the market will bear that will generate the best profit margin, just like any other product on the market

Those are both 100% your personal subjective opinions.

Not really. I mean, it's pretty much subjectively proveable that a LP headstock is much more prone to breakage than most other headstocks. And that's all @paisleywookiee has been saying.

Price will be what the market will bear that will generate the best profit margin, just like any other product on the market

Nah, that's not exactly true. There's companies not maxing out profits. Not too much but still some. It's the difference between making a healthy profit and greed.

Yes. Those are both 100% your personal subjective opinions. The hyperbole should be a clue

I don’t think “objective” and “subjective” mean what you think they mean.
I think you might be confused by a lot of things, so I guess we’ll agree to disagree. Yes, I know the difference between objectivity and subjectivity.

But look around the Internet. Look at all the examples of broken headstocks. Look at what people like Fender, Ernie Ball guys, PRS, Schecter, etc have all done with string pull. All opinion? I guess. If you say so. OR…..it’s fixing a design problem that Gibson can’t/won’t.

We could try an experiment where you pull some yarn in a straight line, and then around a sharp corner, and see which has more resistance. But that might be beyond the scope of this thread (no pun intended).

So enjoy your LP’s. TONS of people do. Tons of people have gotten that magic workaround to work for tuning. It’s how you cut the nut! And hey, the headstock is even stronger after it’s been reglued!

Last edited:
Back