Kemper Player - 1st [ Paid for ? ] Update coming very soon ?

Did anyone do an update yet? If so, how does it all work as far as Rig Manager, etc...?
got it installed in about 20 minutes of fumbling through the process. not sure how I got past the part where it was updated but rig manager said it 'couldn't find a profiler connected'. Maybe it was rebooting laptop that did it.

I have no complaints, I sold a Stage that wasn't getting the use it was worthy of when the Player arrived. Not playing out in band makes it too big for my daily routine of spontaneously trying to steal a few moments to play moving between a variety of locations. Convenience rules for me. All the Player needed was the unlock of features to be everything I was hoping to trade the Stage for. Well worth the total investment to have the Kemper universe in the side pocket of my guitar case! The update saved me from a return to QC, thank you Kemper!

1727447307838.png

Presented without comment.

<sniggering loudly>

So it's a grand for a "fully loaded" Player that still can't capture, or $800-$900 for a toaster, $1100 or so for a Stage. It's like Christophe has never heard of the used market before.
It’s not like he isn’t also providing those Stages and Toasters to the market. So, in your example, he really isn’t missing out on market share of a market niche he alone creates and supplies. He isn’t saying you shouldn’t buy a Stage or Toaster if it suits you better, he merely introduced an additional option.

It’s not like he isn’t also providing those Stages and Toasters to the market. So, in your example, he really isn’t missing out on market share of a market niche he alone creates and supplies. He isn’t saying you shouldn’t buy a Stage or Toaster if it suits you better, he merely introduced an additional option.
I'm glad you are happy to spend the money but there isn't any way to spin this as anything but nonsensical

I get it, but in this day and age of such easy access to used product, vendors/retailers are most definitely competing with it, and therefore should be paying attention to it. Why do you think Sweetwater started their own used market, and is taking a slice? Make money selling new, make money selling used.

So… is this for those who like me never had a Kemper but want to try its “native” version in software? Like Helix Native? Or what…?

Sadly it may just open the door for NDSP to do the same thing with the Nano.

I always thought even if I didn't love the Kemper at $1800 plus the controller, I'd be down for a mini version that was around $600. I've been temped by the Player before just to have as a fun little option, but hesitated based on the limitations.

If this whole thing was an April Fools in September, and they just released the functionality, I'd probably find a way to pick one up. Would be fun to throw on a board. But DLC on an already expensive device is a big "HELL NO" from me.
100% , I kind of think that’s why the Nano is limited
They looked at the stage and what it was offering and said well we do captures and they don’t and ours is $150 cheaper
But I do think they likely discussed how many effects at launch to be competitive but not give away too much

100% , I kind of think that’s why the Nano is limited
They looked at the stage and what it was offering and said well we do captures and they don’t and ours is $150 cheaper
But I do think they likely discussed how many effects at launch to be competitive but not give away too much
QC Nano will definitely add effects and it will probably be a lot cheaper than Kemper's add-ons.

Back