Just bought a Fryette LX. Thanks Whizz!

Output 2. Set to copy output 1.

Excellent! This means we've identified the source of your volume issue.

You're likely not getting the +4dB max with it set like this.

Cliff comments on this specific FM3 Output 2 configuration, related volume issues and the solution here:

Last edited:
Excellent! This means we've identified the source of your volume issue.

You're likely not getting the +4dB max with it set like this.

Cliff comments on this FM3 Output 2 configuration and the solution here:

So basically a +15db to +20db boost in the output block when using a unity gain output (Out2 on the Fm3 or Out 3/4 on the Axe) is normal, if trying to match the level to Output 1.

IE, there is nothing wrong doing that.

So basically a +15db to +20db boost in the output block when using a unity gain output (Out2 on the Fm3 or Out 3/4 on the Axe) is normal, if trying to match the level to Output 1.

IE, there is nothing wrong doing that.

That appears to be the case!

As designed & Cliff approved.

Great Job Reaction GIF

Last edited:
@jellodog Food for thought. If I wanted to use output 2 with the LX and my EVH speakers; I would turn off copy output 1 and only put a tab block on output 1 to front of house. After the split between the two outputs in the signal chain.

Would I need to add 15 dB in this case to output 2?

@jellodog Food for thought. If I wanted to use output 2 with the LX and my EVH speakers; I would turn off copy output 1 and only put a tab block on output 1 to front of house. After the split between the two outputs in the signal chain.

Would I need to add 15 dB in this case to output 2?

I dunno how much extra dB compensation you will actually need for Output 2.

But just start with:
  • Split to dedicated Output 2 block in your grid
  • Output 2 Copy set to “NONE”.
  • Output 2 Type set to “LINE LEVEL”
  • Output Level set to +4
Add extra dB compensation within your Output 2 block as required, until you're happy with the results 🙂

Last edited:
So I just measured this for giggles.

LXII volume set at noon.

AxeFx using output 3. (unity gain output) With all the default levels (no level boosts in any block) I was reading at 96db. I boosted the output block to +15db, which only takes the output meter on the faceplate to barely yellow, and it peaked at 116db.

I didn’t have the heart to try it with the LX volume beyond noon or using a +20db boost. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

But just start with:
  • Output Level set to +4
Add extra dB compensation within your Output 2 block as required, until you're happy with the results 🙂
I do have a separate output blocks for some reason while still copying output 1. Even though I only use 1 preset so copying output 1 seems a little overkill considering that fact.

I have a gig next Friday. I will do a regroup on this and give it another shot. I am going to use my real cabinets as well.

But just start with:
  • Output Level set to +4
I had it set to this already. Only thing I think I had different is in the input section where the input pad was on. Not sure how much of an appreciable difference that would make. Not sure if it is the FX200 cabs or what the deal is. But the EVH speakers with input pad at 0 and matching the settings described in your quote above was PUNISHING like the Stealth pre into the LX. Not sure why but with Out 2 cranked and the LX up at noon; dear lord :satan

This power amp is hard af. Insert "So you're saying there's a chance" gif here but I think the RMA might have just dodged a bullet. I think real cabs are the way to go (duh) first and foremost as 500 people have already said. I am betting there is some additional tweaking I can do with the FM to tailor it a bit to the LX/EVH cabs combo. I can see maybe a Syn-1 in my future (with a completely inappropriate module for Love Shack) in my future :bag

Only thing I think I had different is in the input section where the input pad was on. Not sure how much of an appreciable difference that would make.

IIRC, everything I've read about the input pad both in the manual and on the FAS forum says that changes to the input pad are balanced in equal and opposite amounts at the output; so the difference should be zero.

Back