JHS Pedals NOTAKLÖN (Solderless KLON DIY Kit)

It's the complete opposite of a missed opportunity. It's both really funny and it's kicking down the doors for people without EE backgrounds to build their own pedal. It's brilliant. Perfect gift for a loved one into guitar gear. Also a great tongue in cheek response to 20 years of Klon and pedal drama.

There are tons of pedal kits out there if you want to solder and paint and all that stuff.. StewMac has one at the same price:

m007108-7-parts-with-instrux.jpg
I don't know that "complete opposite of a missed opportunity" is quite fair, but I take your points otherwise. I certainly agree it's funny.

And thank you for the heads up re: the StewMac kit. I suppose there's something to suit everyone's needs. :)

It's the complete opposite of a missed opportunity. It's both really funny and it's kicking down the doors for people without EE backgrounds to build their own pedal. It's brilliant. Perfect gift for a loved one into guitar gear. Also a great tongue in cheek response to 20 years of Klon and pedal drama.

There are tons of pedal kits out there if you want to solder and paint and all that stuff.. StewMac has one at the same price:

m007108-7-parts-with-instrux.jpg

The stew mac kits are licensed versions of the pedalpcb projects.

So, how much of a margin will they make per pedal?
Turns out to be a great business idea, too. No problems with that (just in case someone wondered).

Does it ship with some swedish hot dogs?
I would get the Kjöttbullar instead, nobody needs to get these cheap hot dogs into their body :oops:

Btw: I need to get this pedal. It seems so much fun to build, and at 99 bucks it`s just a fun thing to have

I would get the Kjöttbullar instead, nobody needs to get these cheap hot dogs into their body

Well, hot dogs are one of the last remaining sins of my "old life" (usually eating pretty healthy stuff these days) - but seriously, I doubt the Köttbullars are much better. Besides, the last times at IKEA, I went for their new veggie dog, quite decent for what it is supposed to be.

Well, hot dogs are one of the last remaining sins of my "old life" (usually eating pretty healthy stuff these days) - but seriously, I doubt the Köttbullars are much better. Besides, the last times at IKEA, I went for their new veggie dog, quite decent for what it is supposed to be.
I see a lot of folks buy their dinner at IKEA when I shop there, haha.

That's pretty awesome, glad to see they're selling so well too. I really do enjoy Josh's vids, and it's cool to see his business thriving.
I remember the days at TheOtherPlace when a number of guys would rag the crap out of him for no good reason (imagine that).

That's pretty awesome, glad to see they're selling so well too. I really do enjoy Josh's vids, and it's cool to see his business thriving.
I remember the days at TheOtherPlace when a number of guys would rag the crap out of him for no good reason (imagine that).

I was one of them for a while, he won me over with the videos though eventually. I’m a fan now. I thought the notaklon video might be one of his best ever.

D

I see a lot of folks buy their dinner at IKEA when I shop there, haha.

For me it's pretty much like:
"Ok, IKEA. Grrr! Sucks big time but an inevitable thing every now and then (roughly 1-2 times a year). So ok, to compensate, let me at least satisfy my inner need for junk!" - and there those 3-4 hot dogs go. Good enough for trying to push the next visit as far into the future as possible.

Why would they? Oh, let me guess, they think he sold his authentic small boutique builder charme, right? Or maybe they just couldn't digest his Kemper reveal.

Why would they? Oh, let me guess, they think he sold his authentic small boutique builder charme, right? Or maybe they just couldn't digest his Kemper reveal.
I don't want to get into it too much, but yeah it goes back to the early days.

I think Josh is a high profile nerd. But in that very field, that's exactly what it takes. If you want to know things about pedals (and I do), his channel is basically all you need. And even if he's not like the most stunning player on earth, he pretty much knows how to showcase whatever pedal's specific tonal qualities (instead of making it sound like anything else), which IMO is of super great value.

I suffered through 10 minutes of this and, for my life, i could not tell you what this guy's so upset about.

I'm torn on Josh Scott tbh. He's quite likable but there was a lot of very sketchy shit that went down when he started his business. He really fucked over some of the other guys in the diy scene when he started JHS.

Back