JHS Pedals NOTAKLÖN (Solderless KLON DIY Kit)

$99 to build it myself?

Confused Jim Carrey GIF

Pedals are fun to build! I used to make all my own pedals

I’ve actually been thinking about getting back into it, maybe I’ll have to pick up one of these kits. I love that it comes with goop :ROFLMAO:

Pretty cool idea for sure. One of the videos I watched last night, the guy compared it to an original A/Bing it and it sounded just like it on the exact same settings. I'm sure there will be a few more comparisons out over the next few days.

Smaller than the original = great!
I/O in top position = great!
Sounds just like the real deal = great!
Additional gain switch = great!
Price = fair (there's cheaper clones which are seemingly sounding like the original as well).

Unfortunately, I'd bet it'll take quite a while for these to arrive at german retailers. And as usual, they will slam a hefty "hey, we managed getting this over here for you" fee on top. But we'll see. Once it's available (first batch is already sold out), I'll get one.

Badass!!

While ultimately it can be said that everything Josh does with his channel/JHS circles back to supporting JHS, I don’t really care. The dude has no problem promoting other brands and stuff like this I see as a service to the community. Sure, there’s BYOC and other pedal kits out there, but I’m thinking back to my teenage years and how stoked I’d be if Digitech, Boss or DOD did something like this.

It’s stuff like this that could spur off the next lineup of pedal builders because mom and dad thought it’d be cool to toss one under the Christmas tree one year.

It’s stuff like this that could spur off the next lineup of pedal builders because mom and dad thought it’d be cool to toss one under the Christmas tree one year.

Yeah.
Also, the IKEA approach is working quite well for IKEA, could as well work for these kinda things - well ok, admittedly, unlike IKEA, you don't save much storage space, so it's just the final assembly.
As a potential (hypothetical but still...) sideeffect: The fact that this is solderless could lead to a new trend, such as in solderless DIY kits allowing for a bit more freedom of choice. As an example, you could just split things over two solderless PCBs and combine, say, different drive circuits with different EQ circuits. I'd be all over that!

Yeah.
Also, the IKEA approach is working quite well for IKEA, could as well work for these kinda things - well ok, admittedly, unlike IKEA, you don't save much storage space, so it's just the final assembly.
As a potential (hypothetical but still...) sideeffect: The fact that this is solderless could lead to a new trend, such as in solderless DIY kits allowing for a bit more freedom of choice. As an example, you could just split things over two solderless PCBs and combine, say, different drive circuits with different EQ circuits. I'd be all over that!
It's solderless? Oh I am definitely in if it means I don't have to mangle a circuit board after 4 cups of coffee with an underpowered iron from harbor freight :nails :rofl

Edit just read the video title. It's early. What can I say :unsure: :wat:rofl

Back