Is it new amp day?

MirrorProfiles

Shredder
Its new amp day:

1693059867923.jpeg

Never thought I'd find a Rev Green Uberschall on this stinky isle, let alone for the price I paid. I was cursed as soon as I told the mrs I was done with amps.

You like country and western I see.
Ha what's odd is my amp collection probably says more about the music I liked when I was 16-18 than it does the music I like now.

Hard to shake off those old habits, and I still love the tones from these amps even if the music makes me cringe a bit now. I think for the kind of music I like, the guitars (and tones in general) are less of the main focus so I just get on with it. In my head the tonal differences with the high gain stuff is a bit more nuanced

Its new amp day:

View attachment 10285

Never thought I'd find a Rev Green Uberschall on this stinky isle, let alone for the price I paid. I was cursed as soon as I told the mrs I was done with amps.
I’ll take the Randy Rhoads ice burg white
bloody Marshall packed in there “like sardines”
“Like sardines” taken from the LEGENDARY
horror gore show of a movie “ Jeeper’s Creeper’s..
-BEATINU2-🎯

-I actually made a “mini-Krull voodoo Chinese star thingy’ like the one THAT THING punctures the next victims tires with.

-and yes I have used the amulet in real life.
Right off US Highway 24 .. the 24 East freeway.
My targets are the rogue truck drivers HOGGING
BOTH lanes.. no logo’s on the trucks or trailer’s..
-so it’s anyone’s game truckies’.
Initially I used a rocket launcher,
-there’s nothin’ like locking those
pig f*cker’s in my sites🙏
Beep-BEEP!!!

Go fire that bad boy up man and resurrect
some RR’s on those top strings & make’em sing!!

I’ll take the Randy Rhoads ice burg white
bloody Marshall packed in there “like sardines”
Ha I was trying to avoid it being too "Randy Rhodes" so I went with the white logo and gold piping. Its just a stock 2204, so a bit different to the Rhodes amp too (which IMO is a good thing but thats another discussion....) :)

Its one of my favourite Marshall's I've heard, I've had a couple of 2204's and this one has been the most fun of them. It was from a combo and a rehoused it recently:

Ha I was trying to avoid it being too "Randy Rhodes" so I went with the white logo and gold piping. Its just a stock 2204, so a bit different to the Rhodes amp too (which IMO is a good thing but thats another discussion....) :)

Its one of my favourite Marshall's I've heard, I've had a couple of 2204's and this one has been the most fun of them. It was from a combo and a rehoused it recently:

I know that sound all too well. I have tinnitus because of it. :rofl
Other guitarist in my band used one of those.

I was all in on this thread until the Randy Rhoads mispelling. More than once. I know @mavrick102000 feels me. :LOL:

You are going to have to give up 4 of those amps to the collective in order to be redeemed and allowed group forgiveness. :hmm

Congrats on the Boggy! He doesn't know how to make an improper amp. :chef
I apologise, I’ll make it up by throwing my Distortion + in the bin

Never liked those pedals

Ha what's odd is my amp collection probably says more about the music I liked when I was 16-18 than it does the music I like now.

Hard to shake off those old habits, and I still love the tones from these amps even if the music makes me cringe a bit now. I think for the kind of music I like, the guitars (and tones in general) are less of the main focus so I just get on with it. In my head the tonal differences with the high gain stuff is a bit more nuanced

Totally feel you on that. Musically I think we all stay eternally 16.

Maybe toss in a Mark V and a Bogner XTC and I'd call it a day. Maybe. :LOL:
Both amps I love.

I was really close to trading a 1959HW for an XTC but we never got it figured out annoyingly. I always wanted the Uber but felt like one would never show up and i’d settle for the XTC. Honestly with that amp, I think Fractal and Mercuriall’s emulations scratch the itch for me (although amps like that with loads of switches are some of my favourites to play in the room).

I’ve got the Mark III which sort of satisfies my Mark series itch. Again, I quite like the digital models for the other versions. I do have a soft spot for Mark IV’s, if I ever find myself with too much space and too much money that would probably be the next Mark I go for. I’m not playing live or in bands so the IV is in a better sweet spot for my tastes as far as features. V and VII seem killer too but I could see myself easily having so much crossover between them.

Back