Is it new amp day?

sounds like an uber to me:

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

Ha what's odd is my amp collection probably says more about the music I liked when I was 16-18 than it does the music I like now.

Hard to shake off those old habits, and I still love the tones from these amps even if the music makes me cringe a bit now. I think for the kind of music I like, the guitars (and tones in general) are less of the main focus so I just get on with it. In my head the tonal differences with the high gain stuff is a bit more nuanced
That's actually a *decently* wide range of amps, IMO, what kind of music did you like at 16-18, and what do you like now?

That's actually a *decently* wide range of amps, IMO, what kind of music did you like at 16-18, and what do you like now?
I suppose I listen to stuff like:

old classics like Beatles/Bowie/Smiths/Dylan/Morrissey

90’s rock like STP/AIC/Soundgarden/Hole/

indie bands I grew up with but probably like more now like oasis/blur/arctic monkeys/libertines/pulp

current bands like dry cleaning/fontaines dc/tame impala/beck/arcade fire/jonathan wilson/father john misty/kurt vile/QOTSA/daniel romano/yard act

When I was growing up, it went from nu metal (still love the tones and production!), to 80’s thrash (Testament+exodus!), metalcore (Killswitch/Chimaira etc), some death metal and technical stuff. I have a load of family in Finland and they got me into a load of metal from round there (it was at Tuska 2004 seeing Sinergy when I saw/heard an Uberschall for the first time). Eventually that led to Mastodon and Opeth, they got me into prog, which then led me towards the beatles and after that I was sort of done with metal.

I still love the production and tones of a lot of metal stuff, I enjoy how massive it sounds and appreciate a big riff. The only metal bands I find myself listening to now are Opeth/Mastodon/Gojira/AIC/Tool/occasionally Killswitch/Soilwork.

I have a couple of Fender combos and used to have a Selmer T&B. Should really find a box at some point….

You need a rocking chair if you aint gonna put some Bizkit in yer list!
Ha file them under “still listen to them for the production/mixing” sort of like I would nickelback (except Bizkit piss all over them).

Think I’d rather get caught listening to Spice Girls though

not making a new thread, but just to balance out the high gain mayhem of the Bogner…

Amp dates from 1978, speakers from 1979. Seems like the amp chassis were built for the 2x12 and 4x10 at the same time and then shoved into whatever enclosure they ended up in.

It’s a Marshall take on a Fender Twin circuit made for the Nashville market, nothing really in common with a normal Marshall of that period (besides components etc). UK made GEC KT77’s, Mullard preamp valves, nice Celestion T3137 speakers. Spring reverb in the back Tolex is a slightly brown colour.
IMG_4018.jpeg
IMG_4020.jpeg
IMG_4016.jpeg
IMG_4013.jpeg

not making a new thread, but just to balance out the high gain mayhem of the Bogner…

Amp dates from 1978, speakers from 1979. Seems like the amp chassis were built for the 2x12 and 4x10 at the same time and then shoved into whatever enclosure they ended up in.

It’s a Marshall take on a Fender Twin circuit made for the Nashville market, nothing really in common with a normal Marshall of that period (besides components etc). UK made GEC KT77’s, Mullard preamp valves, nice Celestion T3137 speakers. Spring reverb in the back Tolex is a slightly brown colour. View attachment 10414View attachment 10415View attachment 10416View attachment 10417
Grab N Go!
#hernia.gif

I think the Celestions give it a nicely “british” voicing. REALLY impressed with this, beggars belief how these are still quite under the radar.

That wall of cabs though...
Pardon my intrusiveness, but can we have a picture of your entire wall?
Ha need some kind of X ray specs because there is a wall of cabs behind that wall of cabs and a few in other corners of the studio. I let a few go last year after making IR’s, i’m not sure if it’s as ridiculous as it was at that point.

Honestly cabs are where it’s at, amps are more fun in a way but cabs are at least as important if not more so.

It’s a Marshall take on a Fender Twin circuit made for the Nashville market, nothing really in common with a normal Marshall of that period (besides components etc). UK made GEC KT77’s, Mullard preamp valves, nice Celestion T3137 speakers. Spring reverb in the back Tolex is a slightly brown colour. View attachment 10414View attachment 10415View attachment 10416View attachment 10417

Club and Country?

Back