NAD: VHT Sig:X

Steve Fryette is a brilliant guy with a great ear for tone. I really like the amps that he makes. Based on watching many interviews and videos, I suspect that the man himself is a bit of a love or hate kind of person. If he sees you as a friend you will be treated with respect, kindness, and generosity but if you end up on his bad side you may as well not exists.
Maybe that's why I've gotten good service. I've always treated him and Dave (Support) with respect and received it in return.

Anyway, I love my Sig:X and Deliverance 120. Fortunately customer service hasn't been a problem for me.

I feel like "quite prone to issues" is a rather large overstatement....
Not at all. Downplaying any issues they might have, especially in the face of a rather self absorbed and conceited PCB quote .... I dunno, just don't know why he needs defending really.

Again... in 2010/2011.... My 1st one was DOA. 2nd one was good, but had a faulty tube almost from the beginning... 3rd one had a dicky effects loop which randomly cut the volume... 2nd and 3rd ones would randomly switch amp channel in certain venues with dirty power.

That last one.... never had a single other amp do that!

FWIW, I love the sound of Fryette's amps, and I'd happily buy another one even with my history with them. But I can't pretend that I had no issues and I can't pretend that support was good.

BTW - I was always respectful, and never aggressive, and never self important - nothing like my persona on here! :rofl :nails

Actually I love the PCB note :LOL:

You're situation sucks and is pretty inexcusable on Fryette's end how they (didn't) handle it though I will say, so I totally get if you have a bad impression of them as a company and justified as far as I'm concerned

Very unfortunate string of issues there though, but truthfully in ~15 years of nerding out on fryettes I have heard few to no quality issues with the company :idk

Very unfortunate string of issues there though, but truthfully in ~15 years of nerding out on fryettes I have heard few to no quality issues with the company
I'm also very curious why their UK + EU distribution network basically disappeared and never came back.

Back in 2010ish you could get a SigX for around £1600. Which at the time, compared VERY favourably to the rest of the market, particular Mesa amps which have always been utterly ludicrously pissing-offingly expensive over here in the UK. Also the Sig:X is just about one of the best featured amps around, I do truly love the sound of it.

Can't get them for love nor money nowadays. Very few come up 2nd hand too. There's currently two Pitbull's for sale 2nd hand that I have been gawking over:

But I'm a bit skint right now, so can't really afford to spaff £1500-£2000 on one of these. Neither of them are the one with the built in graphic EQ either.

I didn't know they made non GEQ ULs huh..

Used fryettes are rare even in the US these days, I don't really know what happened. I feel like the man may have benefited from hiring more people to help run the company. Inconsistent presence/sales/etc, the whole weird selling the VHT name to China thing, support issues like yours...

He makes killer sounding amps but maybe some business acumen is lacking

What speakers do you use with your Sig X?

I've seen the amp come up for sale on my local market a few times for around 1000 € and have been tempted, but I'm a bit burned on Fryette due to their poor support, the problems I've had with the Power Station and not really liking the Pitbull or Deliverance sound for anything but metal rhythm tones.
When I had mine I had the p50s for a while but also loved it with a V30/eminence legend combo.

Back