Innocence Faded Is A Gem!

OMFG! I cannot do Jordan Ruddess's cinematic inclinations. Save it for the Hallmark movie, Bro.

Great song..... after Jordan gets his Danny Elfman out of his system. :LOL:

2nd album post-Portnoy and the mix is similar. Drums brought down and keys brought forward.

If you haven't heard it, check out disc two from Black Clouds.
Not sure if it came with the standard version or if it was a collector thing, but it's a disc of covers.

I listen to that second disc more than the actual album. :puppet

I think I did check that out day before yesterday. The one with Stargazedr and other covers on it??

It's The Astonishing today. Astonishing they made this album, to be honest. :LOL:

It's uhmmmm..... a little overwrought.

I am in it to win it. I can honestly say some fatigue is setting in. This album is
absolutely horrific. They got a little too cute for their own good.

Uh oh, and right on cue here comes a little Dixieland from Jordan. :LOL:

• Poo
Reactions: JT
My Dream Theater Journey:

When Dream and Day Unite

Maybe 3 songs of Images and Words

Tipping Jim Carrey GIF

Posted this in another thread, but I just listened to all of Scenes From a Memory for the first time in like ten years and it's still friggin great.
First time hearing it on properly nice studio monitors, too. Now I want to watch the live DVD again (for the 30th time). :love

Posted this in another thread, but I just listened to all of Scenes From a Memory for the first time in like ten years and it's still friggin great.
First time hearing it on properly nice studio monitors, too. Now I want to watch the live DVD again (for the 30th time). :love
instrumental version I assume

lol, I think I'm immune to James' cheese at this point. I was such a DT fanboy in high school that I can forgive him.
Though I cannot listen to The Astonishing. I actively skipped the album after that and essentially wrote them off.

Apparently the latest one is good, though? Not heard much beyond the first single.

I actually have more respect for James after this listening journey. He does
some great things. I also think his voice is more suited to a studio than to
live work. That nasality he has just is not going to project well in a loud and
live environment.

Also, Jordan Rudess wants to be Danny Elfman. Maybe the cinematic elements
are cool to a certain sector of fans. It just sounds out of place to me and someone
trying to be too cute.

live environment.

are cool to a certain sector of fans. It just sounds out of place to me and someone
trying to be too cute.
This isn't your father's Oingo Boingo :oops:

live environment.

trying to be too cute.
I don't know why someone doesn't put their foot down and just tell him, "NO! We're not puttin that shit on the record. It sucks and is completely out of place."

I don't know why someone doesn't put their foot down and just tell him, "NO! We're not puttin that s**t on the record. It sucks and is completely out of place."

I bet Mike Portnoy would have.

:idk

I was reading a piece where John and Jordan were interviewed right after Mike left
and they both said they were excited about the new level of freedom they would
now have.

Some ideas need to be on a leash!! :whistle

2285 Entracte is playing now and I am so close to pulling the trigger on this experiment. :facepalm

Put the Strings away, Jordan!!

Back