Impulse Responses

I use it with Helix Stereo Patches via headphones so yes. More specifically I use Native through Logic and Libra as the IR loader so the IR info doesn't get cut off.

In case you're doing this more often, I recommend to at least check out Space Designer as the IR loader. Along with IRs batch converted to presets via Space Designer Manager, it becomes the fastest, most effcient IR loader on earth. With that combination, IR scrolling actually becomes fun (!) rather than the usual chore.

Stupid little video demonstrating how easy it is to scroll through incredibly large amounts of IRs (here: RedWirez Big Pack) using Logic's Space Designer once the IRs are converted to SD presets using Space Designer Manager (which takes like 5 seconds for the entire 20k+ Big Pack).
Finding out about this method turned SD from one of the lousiest IR browsing tools to the best there is (only downside: to mix IRs, you'll have to create groups or summing track stacks in Logic).
First I'm using the arrow keys on my keyboard only, then there's some mousing to achieve quicker folder jumps.

Stupid little video demonstrating how easy it is to scroll through incredibly large amounts of IRs (here: RedWirez Big Pack) using Logic's Space Designer once the IRs are converted to SD presets using Space Designer Manager (which takes like 5 seconds for the entire 20k+ Big Pack).
Finding out about this method turned SD from one of the lousiest IR browsing tools to the best there is (only downside: to mix IRs, you'll have to create groups or summing track stacks in Logic).
First I'm using the arrow keys on my keyboard only, then there's some mousing to achieve quicker folder jumps.

Wow, that‘s cool. Thanks! I didn‘t know about that and always found it very cumbersome to use SD as an IR loader because I loaded every file individually.

and always found it very cumbersome to use SD as an IR loader because I loaded every file individually.

Same here (even if it supported drag and drop from the start, still cumbersome).
In case you fool around with IRs a lot, the few bucks invested into Space Designer Manager pay off more than pretty much anything else.
I also had my entire library of reverb IRs (worth several thousand files, too) converted in a matter of seconds, fantastic.

I use it with Helix Stereo Patches via headphones so yes. More specifically I use Native through Logic and Libra as the IR loader so the IR info doesn't get cut off.
I was curious, because one side of the IR is the same one of a 4x12 I shared some time ago.

FYI, the IR is only 1024 samples long, so you never need to use a separate IR loader. It won't get cut off by the Helix.

I love the new Rock-box IRs from Ownhammer as well. They are very balanced and not at all boomy like some of the older OH IRs. The differences between the H75, M65 and V30 are pretty subtle. Those are the three I've purchased in that set.

I also like the OH GNR, but I tend to like the "MED" mix of that set.

I've just tried David Maxim Micic's new impulse response library Little Cubes_OWL, and I've got to say I'm really impressed. There's a mixed speaker library and a more thorough 212 semi-open-backed V30 / 70th Anniversary library. Everything just sounds good. I often find in some libraries that the mic coloration is too strong on all the options and I try to combine them for a more balanced sound. I didn't have to do this with this library, and the raw captures have great room-mic and rear-cab options to blend in as well.

David Maxim Micic for anyone who hasn't heard him before:

David Maxim Micic for anyone who hasn't heard him before:

I like the guy's playing, but the sound of that video is a horrible mess without any definition at all once it's getting more dense (including everything, not just the guitar). Let's rather hope that doesn't say anything about the IRs.

I like the guy's playing, but the sound of that video is a horrible mess without any definition at all once it's getting more dense (including everything, not just the guitar). Let's rather hope that doesn't say anything about the IRs.
I'd say the big wash of sound is part of that genre of music, but you're that it probably doesn't demonstrate the guitar tone. This is a short video dedicated to the IR library itself:

I don't go for these kind of high-gain tones personally, but I found the IRs very good at mid-gain tones too.

I'd say the big wash of sound is part of that genre of music,

I think it doesn't just sound washy but pretty bad and ear fatigueing.
Anyway, I personally don't hear enough special things to justify purchasing yet some more IRs. And as he doesn't have any teasers or sample packs, I guess it's just not for me.

Just a quick note that OwnHammer currently has a rare sale: „Now through the end of the month, any order totaling more than $30 is eligible to receive a 30% discount by using the following code during checkout: MD30“

I will definitely use the code to complete my collection of Rock-Box libraries, which have become my favorite IRs (especially the V30MB).

I have two Ownhammer packs. The basket weave Greenback pack and Mesa oversized 412 Vintage 30 pack. I mostly use a live Vintage 30 Shure 57 version.

I used to have a few own hammer packs but deleted them from my main drive after I started using the York audio stuff. I've bought way too many of the York audio packs considering I always default to the same few IRs from Justin.

Got an insane amount of them…redwirez, cab lab, ownhammer, two notes pretty much all and then some.
If I have to use any IR it’s the York audio Scott Henderson Kenny Wright cab or Two Notes BHG.

But mostly I rather use Ox or Ox stomp.

WHATS WITH THE DEVILS Horns?
Well… because… Rock‘n‘Roll?!

Hell Yeah Yes GIF by MCDM

Back