IK Multimedia TONEX

6vqmk2.jpg

Leo discusses a few very important points at the end of his video which I agree with.

In my personal opinion, the tight control over the ability to share profiles and the necessity of internet connection to do anything is a major hurdle for the growth of these kind of products (QC, ToneX), reason is the official offering often don't sound good and users are "stuck" with searching for a few good sounding captures in a database of millions. On the other have we have Kemper where the user can buy profiles that are known to sound good without any hassle.

I think the balance between monetization and letting the community thrive has not been reached yet, the new players have their fist clenched tight around monetization and control.
They will see that not only they will not make the money they fantasize about but their customers will not share their fantasy either.

I've been away for a while fellas (real life stuff) and just saw the Big Hairy Guitars Tone X vid posted in the FB Kemper group... watched it twice, went to sweetwater, added the $199 capture thingy to cart... checked out and came to this forum. Man I hope this thing is the real deal, cause my Kemper profiling experience irritates me every time I try.

I realize now after I purchased that I just needed the software and probably didn't need the reamp capture box thing... oh well. I hope it doesn't suck, supposedly it will be here Friday-ish. Will definitely test it for some dad metal tones lol.

Leo discusses a few very important points at the end of his video which I agree with.

In my personal opinion, the tight control over the ability to share profiles and the necessity of internet connection to do anything is a major hurdle for the growth of these kind of products (QC, ToneX), reason is the official offering often don't sound good and users are "stuck" with searching for a few good sounding captures in a database of millions. On the other have we have Kemper where the user can buy profiles that are known to sound good without any hassle.

I think the balance between monetization and letting the community thrive has not been reached yet, the new players have their fist clenched tight around monetization and control.
They will see that not only they will not make the money they fantasize about but their customers will not share their fantasy either.
I disagree on the bolded. I've never owned a Kemper, but a friend did, for a couple years. The "famous" Kemper profiles from MBritt and other big names aren't "known to sound good" because it's subjective, and both of us hated those. Wasted money.

I've been away for a while fellas (real life stuff) and just saw the Big Hairy Guitars Tone X vid posted in the FB Kemper group... watched it twice, went to sweetwater, added the $199 capture thingy to cart... checked out and came to this forum. Man I hope this thing is the real deal, cause my Kemper profiling experience irritates me every time I try.

I realize now after I purchased that I just needed the software and probably didn't need the reamp capture box thing... oh well. I hope it doesn't suck, supposedly it will be here Friday-ish. Will definitely test it for some dad metal tones lol.
I too ordered the Capture thingy after watching @BigHairyGuitars video. Man, are they (IK Multimedia) giving you some dough for this, Michael? Maybe I should buy a t-shirt from ya!

Apples and oranges... for now.

bcf011d75f2f39acf22ebe0bfb9b21f7.jpg
I’d say sure if you already own a Quad Cortex. Tonex is a relatively small investment. The inverse at this point perhaps if it’s for playing out without a laptop/pad since IK doesn’t have a Tonex Player pedal currently. In the DAW a snapshot plugin hands down.

Back