IK Multimedia TONEX

6yd69u.jpg

6yd6bf.jpg

Honestly, now it's taking me around 15-20 minutes..... I'm way less annoyed having to wait that long. You can spend 20 minutes trying to make the Kemper not sound shit by constantly refining it and tweaking all the amp parameters like definition and pick attack, so I don't really see the difference tbh!

Some people are waiting hours though, which sucks.

(edit: fixed a typo)

Last edited:
So for today's Tonex fckery I did a direct capture of my MT-15 using a Suhr RL then routed that ToneX capture to the fx return of the MT-15. Playing it thru the power amp and cab and can really tell the difference vs the real amp. Definitely closer that my Kemper ever got. The bottom end sounds and feels different and the mids, treble and presence need a bump to get close... not bad though.

What reamper are you kids using? I returned the actual ToneX one, because I had a bunch of issues with it.

How about the Radial JCR?

I do not have ToneX but I do fiddle with reamping.
I use a reverse DI box trick with a 25k Log volume pot, it does exactly what your off the shelf Radial or Palmer reamp boxes do.
Audio Interface (Balanced Out) -> DI Box -> Volume Pot -> Amp Input.

Make sure to NOT attenuate volumes in the digital domain (audio interface) to maximize signal-to-noise ratio in the analog domain, in other words, when you turn down the analog volume pot you turn down the noise so crank up what comes out of the audio interface without distorting of course.

reamping.jpg

So the Tonex and Amplitube apps are separate? There is no kitchen sink app to get everything?

Correct, but you can download Tonex captures and use them in Amplitube.

Have you used their iOS apps before?

I think I’m going to get their iRig 2 HD interface to run with my iPad for a little practice setup. That comes with Amplitube SE from what I can tell.

Their website is a bit of a cluster F trying to figure out what content comes with each platform and each tier. Looks like hell on earth for paid DLC tbh, but oh well.

Have you used their iOS apps before?

I think I’m going to get their iRig 2 HD interface to run with my iPad for a little practice setup. That comes with Amplitube SE from what I can tell.

Their website is a bit of a cluster F trying to figure out what content comes with each platform and each tier. Looks like hell on earth for paid DLC tbh, but oh well.
From what I gather, with each hardware device you buy you can choose one SE version of their software free.

Wasn't expecting this so soon. My 10 minute tire-kicking session with the Windows version didn't exactly knock my socks off, but an AUv3 plugin for iOS - yes, please!!! Exactly what I need to round out my Jam Origin set up. :)

Expound on said socks not being knocked off. lol How’s the interface and the toanez.

I’m not expecting much from an iPad rig, this is as much curiosity as anything.

Back