IK Multimedia TONEX

I gotta be honest, I think ToneX is good, BUT.....the content mostly sucks. There are a few good ones, namely the stuff some of you have posted up that I've found, i.e. @Deadpan. Problem is, it's like a handful. And I'm not too impressed with IK's own caps.

Actually, I'm really happy to have gone so deep with Amplitube 5 Max, because I'm really enjoying that more.

I gotta be honest, I think ToneX is good, BUT.....the content mostly sucks. There are a few good ones, namely the stuff some of you have posted up that I've found, i.e. @Deadpan. Problem is, it's like a handful. And I'm not too impressed with IK's own caps.

Actually, I'm really happy to have gone so deep with Amplitube 5 Max, because I'm really enjoying that more.
I don't disagree.

And I can see how that is a turn off. I bought the software only for the capture ability. I was curious to try their captures but haven't found any that work for me.

They haven't committed but hopefully they will open a marketplace where 3rd parties can sell captures.

I put 6 solid months into testing the Quad Cortex and no marketplace yet. Hopefully soon. I think I am going to offer a small pack for direct sale soon.

Have you tried using Tonex as a cab only with Amplitube?

I don't disagree.

And I can see how that is a turn off. I bought the software only for the capture ability. I was curious to try their captures but haven't found any that work for me.

They haven't committed but hopefully they will open a marketplace where 3rd parties can sell captures.

I put 6 solid months into testing the Quad Cortex and no marketplace yet. Hopefully soon. I think I am going to offer a small pack for direct sale soon.

Have you tried using Tonex as a cab only with Amplitube?
Cab only, or amp only? I haven’t yet, no. Probably should. I mean, I bought it, so might as well keep looking at it. My Captor X comes in this coming week, so I can start playing around with the amps I have on hand.

Cab only, or amp only? I haven’t yet, no. Probably should. I mean, I bought it, so might as well keep looking at it. My Captor X comes in this coming week, so I can start playing around with the amps I have on hand.
With the Kemper the cab section is pretty nice. I'm winder how you would like the cab section of tonex with an amp model.

I'm going to be that guy who could google this and find out, but I'll ask here-

Can I load IR's into the plug-in itself? So if I get a capture of just a head, I can slap an IR in there without using a separate IR loader?

I'm going to be that guy who could google this and find out, but I'll ask here-

Can I load IR's into the plug-in itself? So if I get a capture of just a head, I can slap an IR in there without using a separate IR loader?
Yes. But…

I haven’t tried it with an IR loaded into it since the update, however before the last update the results were less than satisfactory by a wide margin. The levels were way off.

Maybe @Deadpan has a better idea of mixing the two cab formats or different results?

Go to the cab section on the right. Go all the way to the top. There should be a custom cab icon. Click on it. Then you should be able to drag an IR in or copy and paste.

Last edited:
Yes. But…

I haven’t tried it with an IR loaded into it since the update, however before the last update the results were less than satisfactory by a wide margin. The levels were way off.

Maybe @Deadpan has a better idea of mixing the two cab formats or different results?

Go to the cab section on the right. Go all the way to the top. There should be a custom cab icon. Click on it. Then you should be able to drag an IR in or copy and paste.

Thanks, mang!

This will have to wait until tomorrow or Monday. I'm already drinkin' and if there's one way for me to never load a plug-in again, is to have it f*ck up while I've been drinking. :rofl

Installed the new update. Just captured an amp-only capture earlier on. Started at 22:10. It just finished at 22:25. So it took 15minutes. Great improvement!
Dammit... I just spent the last 2 hours messing around with captures and saw this... grabbing the update now lol

Anyone have any tips on how to capture with two microphones? I can’t find any documentation by IK multimedia how to do it. The software defaults to one microphone when I attempt to capture even though the software says I can do up to two.

Anyone have any tips on how to capture with two microphones? I can’t find any documentation by IK multimedia how to do it. The software defaults to one microphone when I attempt to capture even though the software says I can do up to two.
You can select the 2nd microphone in the audio routing setup that pops up when you're in modeller mode.

What Orvillain said...

1666563069892.png

What Orvillain said...

View attachment 1890
Thanks, I was trying to do this on a Mac while using the two input Axe I/O and it was only showing one mic option, requiring me to use the other input for the instrument source which is a strange requirement when a menu later there’s an option to have the program feed a pre recorded sample while testing volume…

I ended up needing to create an “Aggregate Device” in the Audio and MIDI settings to compile two audio interfaces and used the second interface for the guitar and then had an option for two microphone inputs.

Hopefully it works out, the interface used for the instrument had some latency which may be an issue.

It would have been nice if they let the device their selling with the software have the option of recording at least two sources for a capture. I probably shouldn’t have sold my reamp box after I got that, I would have just used my other interface if I still had it.

Back