IK Multimedia Tone X One?

I have to say that the quality of the housing looks decent and I like the styling.

That's one of the good footswitches right there.

View attachment 21944
The other thing that it appears to do is have the ALT button as a press that lights up as opposed to the L6 alt button that requires you to hold it w one finger while turning the knobs with the other , which seems well ……..annoying

Ok, so I’m going to take a big, steaming, hot dump on this…

The Line 6 HX ONE is called the “One” because it provides you with one effect at a time.

Aside from the fact they completely ripped off Line 6’s product name, what exactly is “one” about the TONEX One? In addition to the capture, it also provides EQ, gate, compressor and reverb. Shouldn’t it be called the TONEX Five?

/big, steaming, hot dump
Would have been awesome if they put -- TONEX ONE (of Five!)
I'd buy it for that alone. :grin

An alt button that doesn’t need to be held continuously…

Walter Matthau Sport GIF

I finally understand why the original ToneX UI was set up such that you could only change one reverb parameter per screen, etc. They were preparing for a one-knob form factor the whole time.

:rollsafe

As a set-on-a-pedalboard-and-forget thing, this does have its appeal. The last one seemed a little too chonky considering how badly its usability managed to suck. But the only way I'd even consider it is if there were a complete rewrite of the Windows software. What we have here is a pedal that absolutely positively 1000% requires use of a Windows editor/librarian app, when we all know that that app is a horror show.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me One... :facepalm

Sure, buy one of these. Then another for drive/distortion then put a decent delay/ reverb pedal with them…juggle the power supplies and cables….

Or just plug in a Kemper Player and, you know, play….

Back