IK Multimedia Tone X One?

He's back in!

Would be pretty cool to slap on with the FM3
Episode 5 Midwife GIF by PBS

I haaaaate the TONEX software with a passion but, at $200-ish, i might be tempted to try it out just on an impulse buy. And, usability issues aside too, profiles sound really good.
Agreed the software stinks but if I could load out 24 profiles captures clones whatever they call it , and the quality is there I mean for $200 it kinda no brainer
The fact that they have a recording out in there to just go to Daw and be able to thrown down a track is nuts

Nice, but with units like this its all about LATENCY!!! until we know how much it is……..
True I don’t think the larger one had much but I really have not paid much attention the Hotone when using the cab block I think is the worst offender in the under $300 club
To be fair IK builds interfaces
Like the Axe I/O so it should not be too bad

I bet if this thread reaches 10 pages, JT buys one :banana
Honestly; if the stupid OG pedal would have worked more than 1 time out of 50 when I tried capturing my amps; I would have kept it. This price is certainly attractive but not being able to do my own profiles combjned with being 1000% out of the profile hunting game means non-starter.

Last edited:
Honestly; if the stupid OG pedal would have worked more than 1 time out of 50 when I tried capturing my amps; I would have kept it. This price is certainly attractive but not being able to do my own profiles combjned with being 1000% out of the profile hunting game means non-starter.
This is valid , I am listening to a lot of them on YouTube and they honestly don’t sound great to me , I am sure there are some great ones but the prospect of going down the rabbit hole is not enticing , I would take a Fractal

This is valid , I am listening to a lot of them on YouTube and they honestly don’t sound great to me , I am sure there are some great ones but the prospect of going down the rabbit hole is not enticing , I would take a Fractal
its complicated because we all want a sound we have in our heads. that’s why modelers still win, you can manipulate and dial a tone using a virtual recreation of an amp. A Capture is not that.

It interesting as off late a lot of these companies IK, Line 6
Seems very focused on going after that entry level or lower tier market and trying to grab it from Mooer , Hotone etc
Even Kemper heading in to the what I would call mid tier with the player , joining the L6 stomp and XL
No one other than Fractal seems to be content sitting in the top tiers anymore

Back