If FAS devices were represented as a gif

JiveTurkey

Goatlord
TGF Recording Artist
confused GIF

@la szum was on to something in the FW thread. The GOT presets were super cool (though that Synyster Gates IR was um; a little weird?). FX block libraries were seriously icing on a delicious cake. A TON of the other artist presets as well as the stock ones are good as well.

For me; the best way to approach ANY FAS device is spend a day or 2 going through the presets. Pay close attention to the presets AND FX that catch your ear. When that dust settles; blow the whole thing ALL TO HELL and create your own presets. Whether it's tweaking an existing preset to personal perfection OR starting 100% from scratch. So overwhelming if you are a fan of having options at your disposal. Even on your 3765th go round
:bag
I could make a personal case for myself of clearing all on device presets and just putting the few on there I use in whatever regular use case. Too much of a good thing for my temperament
Energy Squirrel GIF by Hugo.fm

Figure out the way you want to handle switching (and if you're like me; make the layout the "For dummies..." edition). Copy that layout globally if you have to. Panic buttons should not be necessary. Rinse repeat as needed.

confused GIF

@la szum was on to something in the FW thread. The GOT presets were super cool (though that Synyster Gates IR was um; a little weird?). FX block libraries were seriously icing on a delicious cake. A TON of the other artist presets as well as the stock ones are good as well.

For me; the best way to approach ANY FAS device is spend a day or 2 going through the presets. Pay close attention to the presets AND FX that catch your ear. When that dust settles; blow the whole thing ALL TO HELL and create your own presets. Whether it's tweaking an existing preset to personal perfection OR starting 100% from scratch. So overwhelming if you are a fan of having options at your disposal. Even on your 3765th go round
:bag
I could make a personal case for myself of clearing all on device presets and just putting the few on there I use in whatever regular use case. Too much of a good thing for my temperament
Energy Squirrel GIF by Hugo.fm

Figure out the way you want to handle switching (and if you're like me; make the layout the "For dummies..." edition). Copy that layout globally if you have to. Panic buttons should not be necessary. Rinse repeat as needed.
The #1 thing that I like to do is set up the Library where I can store my favs that’s a great feature
Then you can take you simple amp presets and throw in Petrucci delays , Lifeson Chorus
EVH Flange etc etc

The Australian FAS distributor after I email him for an update on my backorder. Apparently it is close though.

1672458699510.png

Get fas product. Go to last empty preset slot. Add a bias trem block. Add a rotary block. Add a tweed Princeton block. Add a cab block. Add studio A reverb block. Forget what IR I like, so just turn the cab block off and run it to by 1x12. Adjust trem slightly. Don't touch rotary. Dial in reverb mix. If I'm feeling frisky assign a switch to trem and a switch to rotary. Go to authentic amp page. Play guitar for weeks without touching anything on FAS but the amp volume knob. Continuing with laziness, refuse to search for GIF.for thread.

If it was an axe III, realize you should probably sell it and just use an FM3 for this purpose.

Get fas product. Go to last empty preset slot. Add a bias trem block. Add a rotary block. Add a tweed Princeton block. Add a cab block. Add studio A reverb block. Forget what IR I like, so just turn the cab block off and run it to by 1x12. Adjust trem slightly. Don't touch rotary. Dial in reverb mix. If I'm feeling frisky assign a switch to trem and a switch to rotary. Go to authentic amp page. Play guitar for weeks without touching anything on FAS but the amp volume knob. Continuing with laziness, refuse to search for GIF.for thread.

If it was an axe III, realize you should probably sell it and just use an FM3 for this purpose.
I dialed up a KILLER 65 Bassman preset yesterday :guiness

So you are liking it so far 😀
I can’t recall when you had the last one was it before Cygnus 2?
To me this time I noticed an audible difference way better low end response and attack and more clarity and string separation
Yeah. It was right before that time? I'm most impressed with the possibilities, as always. It's why I started this thread. Distraction possibilities for me are 100% real so that mentality is always what ends up driving me in FAS town.

Dug in some more over the past few days. Jesus christ the tones and fx overall continue to be stupendous.

I'm not kidding about de-cluttering the device. It's so goddamn dense in every direction a "clean slate" is more than welcome for how my mind likes to work. @texhex has it right. These fx block library shares from @2112 and Alex Lifeson are gold.

I think that is why I am kind of back to my status quo, JT. In spite of how great ALL of the
Gift of Tone options were (and a few I need to dive deeper into) I still likes what I likes and
it sounds ... for lack of a better phrase.... most like me. Like a comfy pair of slippers, or
your favourite Hoodie you toss on when leaving the house 90% of the time.

I was kind of bowled over with how great some of them sounded here on my own, but then
with the initial run through with the band last week most of them were kind of a "Meh." Some
of them completely unusable for me and not worth the time to tweak them into shape. Different
room. Different players. Different music. Different differences. :idk

Not using all the possibilities doesn't bother me either, because they are always there----and in the
meantime I am lacking for nothing tone-wise. Still super inspiring every time I fire it up. :banana

Back