I lied about GAS. I want a single channel, face ripping Marshall

Do not buy a JVM410. You will hate it for this. It’s not what you think it is and it won’t do what you think it will. Seriously, don’t.

I take it all back. If you are looking for a do it all Marshall, get a JVM410 if you can find a good deal on one. It's like having 4 single channel Marshalls with 3 levels of expanding gain on each channel and a kick ass foot switch to control it all.

If you want chugga chugga high gain, it won't do it like a EVH / Peavey / Recto / Badlander, will, but it will absolutely do the Marshall KERRANG! crunchy stuff if that's what you are after. As well as all the other Marshally stuff, cleans, and all levels of crunch to high gain, just a different type of high gain.

This video is one of the best representations of the capabilities of this amp IMO, even though he runs the gains a little high on some of the channels.

And this is a super solid review too:

If you are after the super nasty chugs, look elsewhere.

Last edited:
I decided I wanted to bring out my 4 hole JMP Superlead and see what you guys think.
This is in my Zone. I did put the HotMod in it and kept it about midway. I also blended
in channel 2 to give it a bit more fatness.

Love to know what you all think. Good or bad, all helps ME!

I decided I wanted to bring out my 4 hole JMP Superlead and see what you guys think.
This is in my Zone. I did put the HotMod in it and kept it about midway. I also blended
in channel 2 to give it a bit more fatness.

Love to know what you all think. Good or bad, all helps ME!

JUICY!

My band rented a rehearsal space that had a DSL100 RI + greenback 4x12. I was impressed with the sounds, but not so much the build quality and overall appearance/vibe. The tolex looked particularly cheap, really didn't like it.

Somewhat off topic but the build quality on the Rivera Suprema Jazz Recording that I just got is exceptional, and the tolex and piping are drop dead gorgeous...Rolls Royce hand built level quality.

Tonally it's at the opposite end of the spectrum from a Marshall but if Marshalls had that level of build quality I'd buy one myself.

Ultimate "Solution": Syn with M-style modules galore into an EVH EL34 50watter. Presence and depth on board, with the correct tubes. TotalCODA achieved.
a friend of mine does something like this. I sold him my 5153 6L6 50 watter, and he also has an Uber module that he runs through it.

I ran the BL pre through the Stealth power amp and headphone out after the shelf was assembled. I didn't really feel all that excited about the combination tbh. Suhr gets here today and I looking forward to giving it a go this evening \m/
Maybe it's best just out loud and through speakers? I dunno. We also ran my Rockmaster through the 5153 and cab, and OMG.

Maybe it's best just out loud and through speakers? I dunno. We also ran my Rockmaster through the 5153 and cab, and OMG.
I have tried the BL this way before and it just doesn't seem to like it lets it's preamp blend with any other power amp I have tried. I bet that Rockmaster was :satan

You do some weird shit, JT.

Monday Morning GIF by Dritan Alsela Coffee

:beer

I wanted that blackout JVM so bad. The only ones that were out there ever, were EU power rating. Some dude had one on Reverb with a 230V to 115V power transformer. Just couldn’t see running that. Thing is so sick though.

DSL100H (and my own stupidity) is what gave me 18% hearing loss in my left ear. Always wondered about the Master volumes on the HR.

It’s a great Marshall for the money.

It will definitely face (ear) rip!

Magic Shop What GIF by Pee-wee Herman

i have a 100H, for the $500 or less you can find them for its silly not to have one imo, they really hold their own with anything especially with the right boost

She don’t lie, she don’t lie, she don’t lie..
The syndrome…
GAS comes with multiple side effects
unique to each player.

Back