I lied about GAS. I want a single channel, face ripping Marshall

JiveTurkey

Goatlord
TGF Recording Artist
Started window shopping. DSL needs a boost. 800 needs a boost. JVM is confusion fest "this channel needs a boost, this amp doesn't have enough gain, this amp OD1 is good and OD2 sucks while this one OD2 is great but everyone mods to OD1 specs". WTF.

I started looking at the SLX as it has a pretty good lower key rep for being evil. Is there something attainable I am not thinking of? I don't want a Friedman or some modern version from another manufacturer. I want the OG :satan

I will be running it through a loadbox most of the time and slathering on the FAS grease :love

To be fair though; he's still boosting it with a pedal. I don't want to do that. Therein lies the conundrum.

Right.
The jubilee has much more gain than an 800, less than a be 100 though.

I believe there's enough gain in the jubilee for almost anything, but I'm not a metal player.
Not sure if is an amp as tight as you wish without a pedal for your application.

Right.
The jubilee has much more gain than an 800, less than a be 100 though.

I believe there's enough gain in the jubilee for almost anything, but I'm not a metal player.
Not sure if is an amp as tight as you wish without a pedal for your application.
One of my biggest things is I don't want a super sculpted el34 amp. I have that (and love it already) in the Badlander. I want something borderline messy that will peel paint when the time comes.

All I can add is that is my favorite marshall amp.
I'm sure that doesn't help, lol.

Is super versatile, has an awesome voice and a super effective eq but doesn't sound like a 5150.

Is more an hard rock amp in my opinion but I guess that's the case for all unboosted stock marshall amps with the exception of some Jvm modes and maybe the dsl.

Why single channel? How can less be more? That's impossible. More is more!
It doesn't have to be. But I know from the DSL I had there was no real throughway that gave it any sort of channel to channel consistency. If that makes sense?

Back