I lied about GAS. I want a single channel, face ripping Marshall

We're going shelf shopping today :love
Oh My God Omg GIF by The Office

One more thing on this. I know the Axe drives are :chef

My biggest issue is keeping the flow of cables all from left to right. My "studio desk" with everything on it and a small shelf to the left with amps. I don't want a bunch of back and forth 12CM between whatever amp I am using and the III. I use a ton of the ins and outs on the Axe for giutar synth stuff as well so I would have to do a bunch of reconfig for that and I am too lazy. Plus I have such a great collection of cheap-ass but killer ODs that I want to put them to use :guiness
Yeah, this is ABSOLUTELY the challenge with incorporating anything as "just throw it in the loop for amp modeling". You're either stuck doing proper cable management...and then having to hire furniture movers to help everytime you decide to add a new/different amp device in that loop, or you keep it tidy with a patch bay...which just creates an always-there bungle of patch cables on the patch bay (and costs too much money/real estate/patience to think thru).

This would be my choice. Face ripping for sure.

3Qcai99.png

hwVZ7r1.png

My band rented a rehearsal space that had a DSL100 RI + greenback 4x12. I was impressed with the sounds, but not so much the build quality and overall appearance/vibe. The tolex looked particularly cheap, really didn't like it.

DSL100H (and my own stupidity) is what gave me 18% hearing loss in my left ear. Always wondered about the Master volumes on the HR.

It’s a great Marshall for the money.

It will definitely face (ear) rip!

Magic Shop What GIF by Pee-wee Herman

My band rented a rehearsal space that had a DSL100 RI + greenback 4x12. I was impressed with the sounds, but not so much the build quality and overall appearance/vibe. The tolex looked particularly cheap, really didn't like it.
Definitely agree that the faceplate, knobs, tolex, handle etc all feel a bit cheap compared to typical Marshall. The issue is, the OG DSL’s were hardly built that well and you still have to deal with the potential of runaway bias drift, poorly serviced boards, old components, and surrender the (very useful) resonance pot. The insanely low price of the 100H kind of balances it out, it has all of the tone still despite the cost cutting.

Back