I lied about GAS. I want a single channel, face ripping Marshall

Even though I feel like you probably won't like this amp:

The eagle was scary!

Started window shopping. DSL needs a boost. 800 needs a boost. JVM is confusion fest "this channel needs a boost, this amp doesn't have enough gain, this amp OD1 is good and OD2 sucks while this one OD2 is great but everyone mods to OD1 specs". WTF.

I started looking at the SLX as it has a pretty good lower key rep for being evil. Is there something attainable I am not thinking of? I don't want a Friedman or some modern version from another manufacturer. I want the OG :satan

Right.
The jubilee has much more gain than an 800, less than a be 100 though.

I believe there's enough gain in the jubilee for almost anything, but I'm not a metal player.
Not sure if is an amp as tight as you wish without a pedal for your application.
Marshall Silver Jubilee has all the gain I'll ever need, but does a great Crunch and OD too.

IMG_1756.jpg

My Jubilee is back in the box.
It's alright but the 2203 makes it redundant.
I still vote for a Ceriatone of your liking.
Can't go wrong with the Ceriatone stuff given their prices and turnaround times (~4 weeks until they get the Hot Rodded Plexi / British stuff out the door) nowadays.

Are you sending it back or just storing it?

Makes me curious of the difference between your 800 and my 79 2204?

My 2204 is a very different amp than the Jubilee.

Also curious how the new transformers effect things?

I still vote for a Ceriatone of your liking.

Can't go wrong with the Ceriatone stuff given their prices and turnaround times (~4 weeks until they get the Hot Rodded Plexi / British stuff out the door) nowadays.
Really the thing there is what base model do I get and what options do I get? JT Industries logo needs a black tolex home :satan

I 2nd the Molecular 50W:

- it's got the buffered loop included in the price already - no extra charge for it
- it's got beefy trannies so it punches when you chug
- they can do whatever tolex you want them to (heck, even a custom headshell) but it'll probably be a bit extra if you go crazy on colors / trim
- the circuit isn't that far off from the Fortin Meshuggah (or Ceriatone's Gargoyle which is the same-ish); you could eventually poke into the amp and swap things around if you so desire sometime down the road

Probably the only thing I'd add would be a clean channel to make it the definitive one-stop-shop but even as-is, it's a beast of an amp. With the buffered loop & a modern modeler 4CM you're all set.

Last edited:
I 2nd the Molecular 50W:

- it's god the buffered loop included in the price already - no extra charge for it
- it's got beefy trannies so it punches when you chug
- they can do whatever tolex you want them to (heck, even a custom headshell) but it'll probably be a bit extra if you go crazy on colors / trim
- the circuit isn't that far off from the Fortin Meshuggah (or Ceriatone's Gargoyle which is the same-ish); you could eventually poke into the amp and swap things around if you so desire sometime down the road

Probably the only thing I'd add would be a clean channel to make it the definitive one-stop-shop but even as-is, it's a beast of an amp. With the buffered loop & a modern modeler 4CM you're all set.
Is that the one you were talking about swapping transformers on or was that something different?

Nik and I went back and forth quite a bit specing out the Molecular so I was pretty stoked it ended up being a production model and hit just a one off. Such a fun amp!
Video sounded great :satan Lots of variety as well as GAIN (most importantly :cop ) on tap. Love it!

Back