I Gotta Wonder About Fractal's, er, "Perception"

I can love something about almost all of this stuff as well as find something to bitch about all of them pretty easily. I do like the fact that I've consolidated down to 1 brand now ( for the next 7.5 minutes). Whether that sticks or not is obviously up to the direction the wind is blowing at a given moment :oops: :nails:ROFLMAO:
What would get you to pick up another brand 😀

I can love something about almost all of this stuff as well as find something to bitch about all of them pretty easily. I do like the fact that I've consolidated down to 1 brand now ( for the next 7.5 minutes). Whether that sticks or not is obviously up to the direction the wind is blowing at a given moment :oops: :nails:ROFLMAO:
And I’m glad I’ve stopped trying to consolidate down to 1 brand (but find myself most happy when I keep them separated like tween/teen siblings…)

There is nothing else right now calling to me digitally.

Wanna empty the bank on some analog? :giggle:

This is a crazy good price for one that's already here and wired for 117V.
Listed just this afternoon. It won't last with the free shipping added on.
Just saying.....

There is nothing else right now calling to me digitally. It's weird and I am sure sounds insincere and/or naive considering my history :rofl. The pull of the III is strong and I am glad I answered :satan

That’s the biggest “plus” I have personally found with owning my Axe3-the buffet of amps and effects that kill those dark urges to buy cool new shit that I really don’t need. That Marshall Studio Classic had me all hot & bothered, but I was able to resist the temptation by building a preset around the JCM800 model. And I’m all better now…

Then there’s the dude who has been posting Fractal videos regularly for the past few years, who all of a sudden is finding faults with everything about it while trying to position himself to be the Leon Todd of the TMP…
More like the PeeWee Herman of the TMP....

Well, you like Fractal. So obviously you’re a sycophantic sheep that would love to drink Cliff’s bath water. :rofl :crazy
You my friend are 100% correct

giphy.gif

I remember a poll a number of years back over at TOP where people were asked to respond as to which platforms they've bought, tried out for a decent amount of time, and then sold. Think it ran for at least a couple of weeks.

I remember the results and thinking about my grandfather always saying; "at the end of the day everything evens out".

In regard to the Axe, Toaster, and Helix they all pretty much had the same % of folks who bought and then bailed on the platform. There was no clear favorite whatsoever.

Kinda like how it goes with guitars, and tube amps, and automobiles, etc. ..... :giggle:

Thene there’s this:

Curious since I’m not in the know and I must have missed the drama that caused this place (may have been during one of my mandatory “vacations”)…. what’s the conflict of interest?

On the getting into it with mods or questions about why they make the decisions they do…. yeah that’s a sure fire way to get you on thin ice not matter who you are. I know from experience.

I can't say I know all of the details, but this is what I recall happening. TOP has an explicit policy that persons whom are affiliated to a music industry brand are required to disclose this in their signature (which appears on every post they make). There was an account at TOP who was constantly praising the NDSP Quad Cortex and was also ragging on Fractal. They were quite antagonistic in their direct interactions with Cliff Chase. Cliff was able to connect the dots and determined that this user was also a moderator or something on an official NDSP forum (and likely an employee of NDSP). They had not disclosed this in any of their posts as is required by the policy. When Cliff confronted the moderators with this evidence TOP banned the Fractal Audio account. This was really uncalled for and so a large fraction of the FAS user base stopped participating in discussions there. They also banned a bunch of people for participating in a light hearted thread poking fun at the Quad Cortex. It has become pretty clear that they have a double standard on moderation enforcement when it comes to brands that give them advertising dollars. The same stuff has been happening with the TMP.

They have since reinstated Cliff's account, but they are still limiting his privileges.

Edit: Much of this information is not accurate. I misremembered who got banned for the NDSP stuff. See my later post for a more accurate account of what happened.

Last edited:
I can't say I know all of the details, but this is what I recall happening. TOP has an explicit policy that persons whom are affiliated to a music industry brand are required to disclose this in their signature (which appears on every post they make). There was a moderator at TOP who was constantly praising the NDSP Quad Cortex and was also ragging on Fractal. They were quite antagonistic in their direct interactions with Cliff Chase. Cliff was able to connect the dots and determines that this moderator was also a moderator or something on an official NDSP forum. When confronted with this evidence TOP banned the Fractal Audio account. This was really uncalled for and so a large fraction of the FAS user base stopped participating in discussions there. They also banned a bunch of people for participating in a light hearted thread poking fun at the Quad Cortex. It has become pretty clear that they have a double standard on moderation enforcement when it comes to brands that give them advertising dollars. The same stuff has been happening with the TMP.

They have since reinstated Cliff's account, but they are still limiting his privileges.

I don’t think it was a moderator, just a “regular” member who did not disclose his affiliation with Neural. Cliff pointed it out, and they gave him a vacation in response.

I can't say I know all of the details, but this is what I recall happening. TOP has an explicit policy that persons whom are affiliated to a music industry brand are required to disclose this in their signature (which appears on every post they make). There was a moderator at TOP who was constantly praising the NDSP Quad Cortex and was also ragging on Fractal. They were quite antagonistic in their direct interactions with Cliff Chase. Cliff was able to connect the dots and determines that this moderator was also a moderator or something on an official NDSP forum. When confronted with this evidence TOP banned the Fractal Audio account. This was really uncalled for and so a large fraction of the FAS user base stopped participating in discussions there. They also banned a bunch of people for participating in a light hearted thread poking fun at the Quad Cortex. It has become pretty clear that they have a double standard on moderation enforcement when it comes to brands that give them advertising dollars. The same stuff has been happening with the TMP.

Seth Meyers Popcorn GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

TL;DR: There is only one valid reason (doesn't bother me personally, but I can see why it bothers many others) why FAS deserves any criticism, and that's the hardware workflow. But for the others, I think if you drill down far enough, those arguments just don't hold up. All in my observation, IMO, YMMV, yada yada...
I agree with your overall assessment of the comparison except with that TL;DR comment. In a way you kind of prove yourself wrong. If you have to ‘drill down’ too far then the UI *is* a legitimate problem for whoever you can say ‘just isn’t doing it right’. A lot of us have been using Fractal for so long we take for granted just how much of a really complex and slowly morphing system it is! We finally speak Fractal so it isn’t hard for us to lose patience with the lost tourist blocking sidewalks of Ampsimville.

My own handicap with Fractal is I can’t ’not tweak it if it’s there’ so my workflow problems are of my own making. I’m allergic to the majesty that makes Fractal the best.
More like the PeeWee Herman of the TMP....
You do a disservice to Paul Ruebens …but I bet he gets the joke and laughed wherever his ghost is..

Back