I’m just curious…,Who here currently owns a TMP and who doesn’t?

Do you currently own one

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey, you see all that, @JiveTurkey ?

Gal Gadot Kiss GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden
Suggesting ANYTHING other than FAS for Boogie stuff is complete sacrilege!
angry willy wonka GIF

Had it. Initially liked it until I started digging in.

I think it has great potential, and may revisit it someday, but I replaced it with a HX Stomp XL, and it just does what I want with more on tap.

I did, however, keep the FR-10 I got with it.

Suggesting ANYTHING other than FAS for Boogie stuff is complete sacrilege!
angry willy wonka GIF

The QC factory Mesa captures are pretty good, except I never got along with their JP2C ones. The Quad/MK III/Triaxis/IIC+ factory captures sounded and felt authentic to me.

Too bad they only have a full model of one of those, and it's the JP2C which was added after I jumped ship.

But yeah, no other modeler seems to wanna give that amp family the respect it deserves. The Headrush IIC+ models are aiiiight. Line 6 seems allergic to anything other than a barebones "checking off a box" Mesa model or two. IK Multimedia has not one, but two "official" Mesa collections that are about as legit in 2023 as the "official" EVH Stealth in the TurdBlasterBro.

It's a headscratcher.

The QC factory Mesa captures are pretty good, except I never got along with their JP2C ones. The Quad/MK III/Triaxis/IIC+ factory captures sounded and felt authentic to me.

Too bad they only have a full model of one of those, and it's the JP2C which was added after I jumped ship.

But yeah, no other modeler seems to wanna give that amp family the respect it deserves. The Headrush IIC+ models are aiiiight. Line 6 seems allergic to anything other than a barebones "checking off a box" Mesa model or two. IK Multimedia has not one, but two "official" Mesa collections that are about as legit in 2023 as the "official" EVH Stealth in the TurdBlasterBro.

It's a headscratcher.
You’re going to hate this, the Fractal JP2C models are absolutely spot-on for the amplifier. It was so on-the-nose, it led to me actually selling my JP2C partly because the Fractal models of this amp are just so great.

You’re going to hate this, the Fractal JP2C models are absolutely spot-on for the amplifier. It was so on-the-nose, it led to me actually selling my JP2C partly because the Fractal models of this amp are just so great.

No hate here. Love the JP2C in the FM9. LOVE IT. Just don't get why Mesa gets the short shrift from everyone else.....

I own QC, Axe FX3, Kemper and now TMP. First impression, nice full sounds. A simple notch pitch shift ( half step, step) is still needed. I'm having some reverb bleed over issues on some patches where I have all reverb off.

Nice interface, easy software, buttons are not easily user programmable. But Fender did a nice job on tone, especially their own models.
I'm gonna try to gig with it and see what happens. I've been using the QC. I see no way to emulate an acoustic guitar on the TMP either. Definite drawback. Unless someone has worked through this already?

I own QC, Axe FX3, Kemper and now TMP. First impression, nice full sounds. A simple notch pitch shift ( half step, step) is still needed. I'm having some reverb bleed over issues on some patches where I have all reverb off.

Nice interface, easy software, buttons are not easily user programmable. But Fender did a nice job on tone, especially their own models.
I'm gonna try to gig with it and see what happens. I've been using the QC. I see no way to emulate an acoustic guitar on the TMP either. Definite drawback. Unless someone has worked through this already?
You could import acoustic guitar IRs maybe? There are a bunch out there. I actually record acoustic guitar through the on-board pickup and preamp without a mic now because the IRs for my acoustic guitar sound just as good as the miked instrument.

Stop making me so damn happy! :banana

:LOL:

Waiting for FMIC to offer Expansion Packs for the TMP Users in exchange for $$$ in 3.... 2.... and....

:wat

:bonk

Back