How do you feel when you first ding your guitar?

Depends on how I did it.

Unintentional, IDGAF……but uh, I’ve had a few too many cocktails on some nights and did some stupid things. The most recent would be the butcher knife to my Solar when making a point about how a guitar’s looks don’t effect playability. I made it a point to dial back my drinking intensity after that night. :rofl

Dinged two guitars in the last few months. Terrible.

Is the first dig the worst for you?

Somehow yes but over the years I've learned to accept them. I take care of my guitars and shit happens anyway. That's life.

Ok..I've dinged my last custom shop Les Paul in the first week and that one hurt a bit.

a few too many cocktails on some nights and did some stupid things

Lost a couple hundred on this sale cause of the two drunken screwdriver dents.

1706200288919.png

Last edited:
Depends on how I did it.

Unintentional, IDGAF……but uh, I’ve had a few too many cocktails on some nights and did some stupid things. The most recent would be the butcher knife to my Solar when making a point about how a guitar’s looks don’t effect playability. I made it a point to dial back my drinking intensity after that night. :rofl

WTF? :idk

Depends on how I did it.

Holy hell! Haha

The first time I put a significant ding in a guitar I cared about, I was legitimately sick to my stomach the rest of the day. Then I got over it and moved on with my life.

Today, I care a little less about that stuff. Most things can be repaired if I want it repaired….

D

It really depends on the guitar and how it happened. If it was something that happened because the guitar wasn't where it should have been, I am pissed for a while. I am very conscious about where my guitars are and how they are taken care of due to some unfortunate accidents in the past. I am usually able to keep them pretty ding free even though I gig them. They are the last thing to go on the stage and the first thing to come off. Since I am as conscious as I am, the dings I get tend to be pretty small and I don't even know they are there until the next time I restring and clean them. That is when I find them. At that point it is hard to get pissed when I don't even know how it happened. Those are the ones I just chalk up to normal use.

You can barely see them after I filled in the ‘dents’ with a Sharpie.

IMG_4377.jpeg

Nacho was over, if that explain things. :rofl

I was pretty pissed at myself. I probably did it a year ago? You can’t feel ‘em when you play it, they’re just there to remind me that I do some dumb shit sometimes once I’ve hit that 8th or 9th cocktail.

A little over 3/4 of my guitar and bass collection was bought used.

The majority of them had their bruises and scars already.

I haven’t bought a new guitar that I had to worry about dings for about 25 years.

I’d rather have someone else take the hit on a new guitar and get a killer deal on it when it’s for sale.

I always dread it. When I dinged my JP6, I could hardly play it because I was so focused on the little dings on the upper horn. I’m a little less consumed with the dings now that I’m medicated (OCD, baby), but pre-medication eggplant would be distraught over any kind of damage to my gear (or my belongings in general - furniture, cars, even power tools and similar equipment, which may sound ridiculous but yeah that shit would bother me too). Now I just get really bummed because usually the damage is from me being careless or a bit too toasted.

You can barely see them after I filled in the ‘dents’ with a Sharpie.

View attachment 17846

Nacho was over, if that explain things. :rofl

I was pretty pissed at myself. I probably did it a year ago? You can’t feel ‘em when you play it, they’re just there to remind me that I do some dumb shit sometimes once I’ve hit that 8th or 9th cocktail.
Nacho needs to bring more nachos and less cocktails :oops:

Back