Anyone else noticing ridiculous used pricing?

The problem is is that it NEVER needs to sell. These people have so much money they can sit on it forever
If they want to keep their money tied up in something that isn't going to sell at that price, that is their choice. Why should any of us care what they tie their money up in? It doesn't affect my life or bank accounts in any way.

If they want to keep their money tied up in something that isn't going to sell at that price, that is their choice. Why should any of us care what they tie their money up in? It doesn't affect my life or bank accounts in any way.
It will affect your life massively when there are no houses to buy. And you already see in this thread how it affects the ability to buy a used guitar. So yeah, that's just silly

Whether or not its ok is a different discussion, but it most certainly affects everyone

It will affect your life massively when there are no houses to buy. And you already see in this thread how it affects the ability to buy a used guitar. So yeah, that's just silly

Whether or not its ok is a different discussion, but it most certainly affects everyone
It isn't affecting my life at all. I have a house. There are plenty of used guitars for sale that are within my budget, if I were looking for one. There will bee a market adjustment at some point. It always happens. People buy when opportunities are there and try to make money on that when they sell. Markets always go up and down.

House purchases for younger folks is a much more complex issue. It has nothing to do with people tying up their money in things like guitars.

that may be the norm in the US, but up here in Quebec the only way you can sell anything is to give it away

When the used gear-pocalypse happens, I’ll be ready. I’ve really had no incentive to buy a used guitar for years.

It isn't affecting my life at all. I have a house. There are plenty of used guitars for sale that are within my budget, if I were looking for one. There will bee a market adjustment at some point. It always happens. People buy when opportunities are there and try to make money on that when they sell. Markets always go up and down.

House purchases for younger folks is a much more complex issue. It has nothing to do with people tying up their money in things like guitars.
Wooooooosh goes the point. And math

The problem for me is I got used to paying dealer rates for anything I want but now that is more than it’s worth to me. In fact I have a whole bunch of guitars that I hardly use that I can’t sell because I would not pay what they go for now. I would in the past sell stuff I wasn’t playing with a view that I could get another if I missed it. Can’t do that anymore because they are multiples of the price and some are rare in the condition I want.

Wooooooosh goes the point. And math
Or, you didn't make your point clear enough to be discussed. I responded to the point as I read it. I fail to see how people buying guitars has anything to do with people buying a house. Please enlighten me.

This one blew my mind today. I’m always thinking about buying another ET-290N so I see them a lot. Typically they were selling around the $600-700 range. Even just a few months ago

I think this person is dreaming

This one blew my mind today. I’m always thinking about buying another ET-290N so I see them a lot. Typically they were selling around the $600-700 range. Even just a few months ago

That headstock is, um; yikes :oops:

You're paying extra for the confidence the "top 300 seller" certificate provides :rollsafe

That headstock is, um; yikes :oops:

One of these was my very first electric guitar. I think it’s one of those you-can-only-love-it-if-it-has-sentimental-value-to-you kind of things.

Another fun thing about that guitar is that those are NOT humbuckers. They’re big cheap single coils that are noisy and microphonic AF in a PAF looking enclosure

One of these was my very first electric guitar. I think it’s one of those you-can-only-love-it-if-it-has-sentimental-value-to-you kind of things.

Another fun thing about that guitar is that those are NOT humbuckers. They’re big cheap single coils that are noisy and microphonic AF in a PAF looking enclosure
I get that completely. I kinda like the looks of it. Other than the headstock? I think some non-cream color choices might appeal to my eye a bit more. At that price it's a pretty hard sell; even if you have nostalgia for it.

I get that completely. I kinda like the looks of it. Other than the headstock? I think some non-cream color choices might appeal to my eye a bit more. At that price it's a pretty hard sell; even if you have nostalgia for it.

Yeah, at ~$500 it’s “yeah, that’d be fun to have another one for nostalgia sake”. But at $1400?

a74fce7383bd6cf8819c87882f963882.jpg

Back