Hotone Ampero II

I’m in
So a few things. The entire family of Ampero II products the Stomp, Stage, and this new one all use the same architecture and same Sharp 3 core DSP which is pretty powerful for its class. Can run dual amps and such.

The Stage is the top of the line with the most I/O options, followed by this one and then the stomp.

The stage has a mic pre as well as the new one. On the stage you can run a mic with vocal chain along sides your guitar with its signal chain.

Originally only thought the Stage was getting the new capture tech, but looks like this will be getting it as well, but don't believe the Stomp will as it may not have all needed I/O, but it may get the ability to play the captures which would still be cool.

The Hotone Ampero 2 models sound better than Helix, Headrush to me, and honestly close to par with QC, TMP, and close to Fractal as well.

The UI is good, but I wouldn't say it's the best, honestly the Fender TMP is hands down probably the best UI in any unit currently.

Fractals UI (Regardless of flexibility) is not good compared to many of the Touch Screen units out now.

The biggest problem with Hotone is they keep making new units, when they could just add more new features to the current ones first. We see an update here and there with a little new stuff, but you see more new products than you do updates.
The fender tone master unit has a lot of wasted real estate even though the touchscreen is cool and the pictures are nice. It’s still has a lot of space that’s just wasted. Maybe this will change. Maybe not. They seem to be pretty high on there cute little pictures.

A. Anyone who says the TMP "hands down has the best UI" doesn't understand UI design. It's a terrible UI. It's just "warm and fuzzy" for Luddites.
B. You're still not going to buy anything. Let's not kid ourselves. And by "ourselves", I mostly mean you. :D
Geezzzz just because i have nit bought recently doesnt mean i wont…

A. Anyone who says the TMP "hands down has the best UI" doesn't understand UI design. It's a terrible UI. It's just "warm and fuzzy" for Luddites.
B. You're still not going to buy anything. Let's not kid ourselves. And by "ourselves", I mostly mean you. :D
Two and a half men is tv for Luddites and it still made a stupid amount of money

I’m in

The fender tone master unit has a lot of wasted real estate even though the touchscreen is cool and the pictures are nice. It’s still has a lot of space that’s just wasted. Maybe this will change. Maybe not. They seem to be pretty high on there cute little pictures.
This, exactly. I think Ampero has it right (above TMP right now at least).

I disagree with Hotone being up there sound-wise with the big gig guys like Fractal and QC. AND I'M A HOTONE AUTHORIZED DEALER. I've owned them all, Hotone sounds good but not that good. On par with Helix. Way better than Headrush. However the amp models are much noisier than say Fractal or QC. If they fix the noise, they will be on the right track. Also the other thing is that the Ampero Stage is very DSP-limited compared to QC, Fractal FM9 and Helix with its A and B paths combined.
The units you compare it to come at very different pricepoints though!
I had an ampero mini around for a while…idnk if that’s the same modeling/efx code as current gen… but I was impressed by what it does for what you pay for it.
So in my mind they offer legit options you can be a rockgod with on a budget ;)

The units you compare it to come at very different pricepoints though!
I had an ampero mini around for a while…idnk if that’s the same modeling/efx code as current gen… but I was impressed by what it does for what you pay for it.
So in my mind they offer legit options you can be a rockgod with on a budget ;)
Yes, I agree. I was quoting someone else who said the Ampero Stage was as good as Fractal and QC. it's not quite at that level, but it is good!

Yes, I agree. I was quoting someone else who said the Ampero Stage was as good as Fractal and QC. it's not quite at that level, but it is good!
Is there much differencie between first and second gen models? Maybe the second gen ones are almost on par to the big boys?

The biggest problem with Hotone is they keep making new units, when they could just add more new features to the current ones first. We see an update here and there with a little new stuff, but you see more new products than you do updates.
I think that is key with these 'cheap' brands. They are differentiating by price, so they are all about moving new units not building a technology platform, ala Line 6, Fractal, Neural, etc. It does not really pay to invest a lot of R&D after the sale, they are just reacting to the market; they are better off building a shiny new thing to buy.

Back