Newbie Question on the Boss Katana Artist MKII

lpliv

Hi All, I am new to forum and stuck in a buyer's quandary. I play in two churches with either a 335 or tele depending on my mood lol. One church I play thru the PA system with my 2 note revolt/+ pedals and in the other one thru a Boss Katana 50. I have a Katana 100 MKII at home and jump the preamp with the Revolt and I love the sound. I am thinking of giving my 100 MKII to the church and buying the Katana Artist for home but I heard one and found its tone to be muted when compared to my Katana MKII. I just read that the Artist speaker goes thru a break in period, if so how long? I love my pedals on the board much more than either the MKII or 50 built ins. Help lol thanks for your input

Phil

I have an Artist Mk II, and I think the one you heard was either dialed in wrong or else has something funny going on. Mine is mostly a living room amp, but I have used it at a rehearsal with a full band and it is punchy with plenty of giddyup.

From what I remember from trying the Artist MK1, it definitely just has a different sound to the Katana 50/100. I don't think speaker breakin will make it brighter, if anything it usually smooths things out.

I'd try the Artist as its own thing and try to dial it differently than you use the Katana 100.

Back