BOSS Katana MKIII

Bob Zaod

Rock Star
When?

Had ya for a second there didn't I? I am genuinely seeking conversation about when and if the MKIII may be released and if it will have AIRD Tech. I mean they just put AIRD in the ME-90 so why not the Katana line? The ME-90 is pretty much the "Katana Floor" I have been lobbying for but with AIRD. I'd also like to see a controller similar to what Line6 puts out in a FBVIII. Built in expression pedal and such. I'd pay 600-700 for a new Kat with a new controller that has an expression pedal and a decent display. With the ME-90 @ 350 street, the Kats out of the bag now innit?

Last edited:
Katana Mk2 came out 3 years ago and still keeps selling great so it's not like they have much need to change.

Maybe they could make a new Katana Artist model?

Sound of Poverty Amp

Sound Of Music GIF

Serious talk:

If Boss ever got as serious about making their modeled amps sound as good as the X series stuff; that would be awesome. The continual push of "oh you don't need a remotely good sounding ***insert any IRL amp model here*** when you can just use the Natural clean with the tubescreamer model!" is just beyond words for me. Complete idiocy. I know they sell a bazillion of everything but come on man!

Serious talk:

If Boss ever got as serious about making their modeled amps sound as good as the X series stuff; that would be awesome. The continual push of "oh you don't need a remotely good sounding ***insert any IRL amp model here*** when you can just use the Natural clean with the tubescreamer model!" is just beyond words for me. Complete idiocy. I know they sell a bazillion of everything but come on man!
Sounds to me the better approach would be just doubling down on their own models and ditching any models based on real amps if they are not good enough. Then it's whether people prefer how Boss' ideas for amp models sound vs competing with real amps, other modelers etc for accuracy and whatnot.

I know a lot of people don't agree with me on this and want their Marshalls and Mesas with cleverly named models skirting around trademarked names.

Bob does everything in his power to pull my inner corksniffer out of the closet. :wat
Eh ultimately I can spend whatever I want, I just don't find value in dropping 4k on an amp that I am going to use in seedy bars 90% of the time. I'm not a collector so IDGAF what somethings resale value is. Don't get me wrong if a Lonestar Special popped up on craigslist right now for 500 bucks you bet I'd own it...for a few days then I'd flip it. Even though I can "afford" whatever I feel like, I am a bang for the buck buyer. I'm not rich by any stretch but I have been wise with my money.

Eh ultimately I can spend whatever I want, I just don't find value in dropping 4k on an amp that I am going to use in seedy bars 90% of the time. I'm not a collector so IDGAF what somethings resale value is. Don't get me wrong if a Lonestar Special popped up on craigslist right now for 500 bucks you bet I'd own it...for a few days then I'd flip it. Even though I can "afford" whatever I feel like, I am a bang for the buck buyer. I'm not rich by any stretch but I have been wise with my money.
While I certainly do think you should splurge on yourself for this stuff from time to time; this is also a good way to approach things as well.

While I certainly do think you should splurge on yourself for this stuff from time to time; this is also a good way to approach things as well.
mesa_trio.jpg

I have. I've also owned a Bad cat Hot Cat 30 and a bunch of boutique pedals when it was first all the rage. I've spent 3500 on a Les Paul that went back to the factory 4 times for workmanship issues. I discovered my tastes/needs just aren't that expensive.

My new thing is having 2 small light amps, so I don’t have to spend as much money and energy on one loud heavy amp. Even if I’m playing mono, I’ve always got 2 outputs on the pedalboard.

Back