Would a tube screamer work as well with a boss katana as a actual tube amp?

Christian07V

I've been thinking about getting a TS but I have a cheap-ish fender SS. And looked into it and people say the TS works the best with tube amps, I also see people say that the boss katana is one of the best "tube-ish sounding" amps that is a SS. So would a TS work well with a boss katana?

I've been thinking about getting a TS but I have a cheap-ish fender SS. And looked into it and people say the TS works the best with tube amps, I also see people say that the boss katana is one of the best "tube-ish sounding" amps that is a SS. So would a TS work well with a boss katana?
Pedals work fine with a Katana. That said, I’m pretty sure there’s a TS emulation in the Katana.

I don't think the SD-1 or the TS series sound like cheap SS OD's, they are classics for a reason. I'm also a big fan of my Katana head. Running into a nice cab at volume, with the digital SD-1 in the chain, it does not sound like a cheap rig at all.

I strongly recommend getting the Katana, because it’s a good amp, but also can be a great tool for you to learn what you want out of your gear.

Back