Here comes Kemper. Bye Felicias

Hmmmm. This was in 2020. Stage was released when??? 2019 ??? It's possible I got an early unit I guess.

If it has been fixed..... that interests me.

I was hesitant for a very short while on the Stage. When I asked the TGP D&M folks if the issues were fixed with the early models of the Stage, I got a lot of negative replies. I went ahead and ordered 1 just a little over 2 years ago, so late 2021. Never had a single issue aside from my own mistake doing too fancy of a riverdance on the Tap Tempo toggle. Otherwise, mine has been stellar, especially when I loaded profiles of an Electra Dyne.

Honestly though, I'm not sure these new updates will be very useful for me. I do have some new amps I want to profile, but I am willing to bet my life there won't be a modeled tonestack for them. I can't even find one BC Audio profile on the Rig Exchange. So, when I profile my Grand Prix, I'll just have to stick with whatever I get. I'm totally ok with that.

I haven't been banned on TGP, and am still an active member in good standing. I think, in all my years on TGP, I have gotten two warnings (both completely unreasonable and unjustified, IMHO. Incidentally, both of those involved interactions, a few years back, were with an irascible and uber-patronizing individual who can push more hot air then any of his speaker designs can. But, I digress.

I joined up here, the minute I first read about this forum on TGP. I would definitely like to see this forum grow and succeed. The draconian moderation I have witnessed on TGP is really getting off-putting. I guess what I am saying, I sympathize with, what I am learning. are many members, here on The Gear Forum (TGF) who have been permanently banned or ostracized from the other community. I am so appreciative that there exists, here in TGF, an alternative venue to discuss guitar-oriented equipment and music production.
Jay Mitchell I’m guessing?

:)

I’m autistic, and I actually stuck up for the guy— the way he interacted with others in such a literal way, I assumed he WAS autistic.

I posted a picture of Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory. Beneath it there were these words:

“Love is in the air?
No!!!!
N2, O2, CO2 is!!!”

Then I said, “You know, maybe Jay’s autistic. That would explain the way he interacts with people.”

Next:

Immediate 2 week ban!

I was like, WTF?! I’m sticking up for the guy, because I’m autistic and sometimes accidentally offend people.

Sure, there are great people at TGP, but I’m starting to prefer it here more.

By the way, @DrewJD82

You wouldn’t happen to be the same Drew from years ago who posted on the Carvin forum, with the username FastRedPonyCar,
would you?

I’m autistic, and I actually stuck up for the guy— the way he interacted with others in such a literal way, I assumed he WAS autistic.

I posted a picture of Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory. Beneath it there were these words:

“Love is in the air?
No!!!!
N2, O2, CO2 is!!!”

Then I said, “You know, maybe Jay’s autistic. That would explain the way he interacts with people.”

Next:

Immediate 2 week ban!

I was like, WTF?! I’m sticking up for the guy, because I’m autistic and sometimes accidentally offend people.

By the way, @DrewJD82

You wouldn’t happen to be the same Drew from years ago who posted on the Carvin forum, with the username FastRedPonyCar,
would you?
Snot Peterson is a straight up c*nt if he’s banning an autistic person for suggesting someone else might be a fellow autistic individual, based on posting patterns.

But it also wouldn’t surprise me at all. Dude’s a “Christian” who doesn’t follow his own rule book.

“Love is in the air?
No!!!!
N2, O2, CO2 is!!!”

Next:

Immediate 2 week ban!

By the way, @DrewJD82

would you?

I have always suspected this with that individual you speak of and I didn't even bother engaging with him when he was being a bit surly on something I posted in regards to something he designed. He is quite brilliant and he makes that known to others but has issues with how he interacts with people and his responses are different that what one would normally would consider. Nothing wrong with that, just a bit different. Regardless of all of that, he is very knowledgable on the topic and designed a well-respected "FRFR" monitor.

My youngest has Autism and very, very mild at that but I recognized the responses a mile a way.

Our old friend Fowleri is autistic as well and it has been something of an interesting read over on Jemsite but I just give him the benefit of the doubt and don't make fun or cause any ruckus. He admitted this on a post and it explained a lot.

It's hard enough for these folks to interact as it is and I just try and be positive and help. It can't be easy. Some don't even know they have this.

Anyways......I'm going to turn the Kemper back on now.
Just waiting for my KSR PA 50 to show up on Tuesday then.......

:headbang

Last edited:
Go watch the Temple Grandin w/ Claire Danes movie if you haven’t

Jay may be good at speaker designs, and he’s clever enough … But he’s not any smarter than some other folks around here.

Back