Here comes Kemper. Bye Felicias

Even ChatGPT knows.

Yeah... sure knows a thing or two.

Me: "Do you know of IK Multimedia's TONEX pedal?"

CGPT: "Yes, I'm familiar with the IK Multimedia T-RackS Tonelux Tilt EQ pedal, also known as the TONEX pedal. It is a digital pedal designed to emulate the sound of the Tonelux Tilt EQ, which is a popular analog EQ used in recording studios.

The TONEX pedal features a single control knob that allows you to adjust the tonal balance of your guitar signal, providing a simple and intuitive way to shape your tone. It also has a built-in boost circuit that can add up to 10dB of clean boost to your signal, which can be useful for solos or for driving the front end of an amplifier."

stanley kubrick hal GIF

john travolta GIF

Man, ChatGPT is such a lame loser with no opinions.

"As an AI language model, I don't have personal preferences, but I can provide you with some information that may help you make a decision.
There are pros and cons to both tube amps and modelers, and ultimately it depends on your individual needs and preferences. Here are some factors to consider:
Tube amps:

• They provide a warm, rich sound that many guitarists find appealing.
  • They are generally more responsive to changes in playing dynamics and volume.
  • They can be more expensive than modelers, and require maintenance such as tube replacements.
Modelers:
  • They offer a wide range of amp and effect simulations, allowing you to experiment with different sounds without needing multiple amps.
  • They are generally more affordable than tube amps.
  • They may not provide the same level of responsiveness as a tube amp, and some guitarists feel that the sound can be somewhat sterile or digital.
Ultimately, the choice between a tube amp and a modeler depends on your personal preferences and needs. If you prioritize a warm, organic tone and don't mind the extra cost and maintenance, a tube amp might be the way to go. If you want more flexibility in your sound and prefer a more affordable option, a modeler could be a good choice. It might be helpful to try out both options before making a decision."

Actually ChatGPT sounds more mentally stable than many people I've seen post on The Other Place.

I'm not expecting it to make the bass, middle, treble and gain controls magically give us authentic full range to match those controls on all the tone stack permutations

^^^ Actually this is exactly what CK is saying Liquid Profiling will do when you do a new from scratch Liquid Profile using the "Amp Channel" as part of the core profiling process.

It will also "work'ish" on existing profiles but nowhere near as accurately, as the new amp specifc KPA Channel was never a part of the original profiling process.

To my knowledge, for the first time every, you will be able to profile/capture an amp and the profiling/capturing process will know in advance what to look for and do and copy.

Patent issues aside and not taking a position one way or the other ..... if anyone can do it - CK can/will - he is the master of under-promising and over delivering.

Ben

Think of how many awesome Profiles you could make of that Mark VII :knit
The only Boogie profiles I really ever dug was the ones I did for my Single Recto. Nothing remarkable but sounded like the amp that was being profiled? I always dig the M styled and Vox stuff the best in Kemper land.

Been out of the country for a week with no internet access, get back today and see there’s some new Kemper update. Come here and jump to the end of the thread looking for the Cliff notes version. I know less now than I did when I saw the headline…

200.gif
Liquid profiling (optional tone stack that will evidently help the Kemper EQ react as the amp it profiles would)

USB Audio

Those are the two main takeaways

Planning to buy an Axe FX III and figured I'd see what the Kemper offers before I buy the Axe FX III just in case. The Kemper doesn't seem to sound as good in my opinion. Hope those that have one enjoy it, though.

Back