Here comes Kemper. Bye Felicias

I'm am super interested in this because I've been eyeing the PA50 on and off for a while. I'd love to hear your thoughts on that too because there's not a lot of info out there. I'm more likely to use that with an FM9, but I'm sure the results would be similar.

The PA50 is awesome. However the form factor is kinda meh if you want an all in one rack solution. I'd highly recommend it.

The negative feedback control is a great way to sculpt your tone

PA50 is great - agree and wish they had a rack format. I think it's great for the size and weight though. No need to lug my 2/90/2 around. It's not the most neutral tube amp though, so consider that. However it sounds good with tonex or FM3 or whatever else I throw at it regardless, just maybe a little on the aggressive side. I use it instead of my matrix GT1000FX purely because I prefer the room sound and it has front controls, but the matrix sounds as good really. Just different.

I can related to those struggles.

What plugin(s) are you using? What are you using to control them?

MC6 or the 4 button Peak I have. I like a tiny floor footprint. Normally I use NAM, fabfilter, various pedal plugins, and whatever else I feel like adding along with mixIR or mconvolutionMB. I need a good intelligent harmony (possibly the melda one) and I haven't even begun to look at delay fx outside of what I usually use for mixing.

Sounds awesome - though you're bending the rules pretty hard calling this "smaller than my FM3+tonex board" with that M1 Air on the desk. ;)

That's fair, but it's a about an inch smaller overall, so it's not technically a lie :p. It's also way, way shorter which means it will actually fit in the case. But I'm not using a midi board separately with the FM3 rig, and I do plan to do that with this, so maybe it's technically a toss up in that case, but I do like less floor space being used up front.

The PA50 is awesome. However the form factor is kinda meh if you want an all in one rack solution. I'd highly recommend it.

The negative feedback control is a great way to sculpt your tone

Thanks for the info.

Fortunately, a rack will always be the farthest thing from my mind; so not a problem. I'm the guy that had my amp head on the floor for months :rofl

Exclusive live stream of @Orvillain right now:

dr strangelove film GIF

Kemper: Profile your expensive amps so you can take the sound of them on the road without risking the amps or dealing with maintenance. Load your rig on a flash drive and load it to any Kemper anywhere in the world so you don’t have to bring your rig on fly dates to still get your sounds.

I've always thought that the flash drive function of the Kemper was a major plus. I wish Fractal gear had it.

Man, ChatGPT is such a lame loser with no opinions.

"As an AI language model, I don't have personal preferences, but I can provide you with some information that may help you make a decision.
There are pros and cons to both tube amps and modelers, and ultimately it depends on your individual needs and preferences. Here are some factors to consider:
Tube amps:

• They provide a warm, rich sound that many guitarists find appealing.
  • They are generally more responsive to changes in playing dynamics and volume.
  • They can be more expensive than modelers, and require maintenance such as tube replacements.
Modelers:
  • They offer a wide range of amp and effect simulations, allowing you to experiment with different sounds without needing multiple amps.
  • They are generally more affordable than tube amps.
  • They may not provide the same level of responsiveness as a tube amp, and some guitarists feel that the sound can be somewhat sterile or digital.
Ultimately, the choice between a tube amp and a modeler depends on your personal preferences and needs. If you prioritize a warm, organic tone and don't mind the extra cost and maintenance, a tube amp might be the way to go. If you want more flexibility in your sound and prefer a more affordable option, a modeler could be a good choice. It might be helpful to try out both options before making a decision."

"If you're looking for some fresh sounds, a modeler may be a good option for you as they offer a wide variety of amp and effect simulations that can help you explore different tones and textures.
There are many great modelers on the market, including the Line 6 Helix, the Fractal Audio Axe-Fx, and the Kemper Profiler. Each of these modelers has its own strengths and weaknesses, so it's worth researching them to see which one best suits your needs.
Another advantage of a modeler is that it can provide a lot of versatility without taking up too much space or requiring you to carry multiple amps to gigs or recording sessions. Additionally, modelers often allow you to save and recall presets, so you can easily switch between different sounds.
Overall, if you're looking to explore new sounds and textures, a modeler is definitely worth considering. However, it's always a good idea to try out different options in person or read reviews from other guitarists to get a better sense of what might work best for you."

How meh does it get?
ChatGPT: Yes.

Back