Helix Talk

Which cab or IR are you using for it? I know that anything goes, yet most of the time I see the 2203 mentioned with the fizzy T75 speakers. Factory Amp+Cab setup in the Helix, too.
Marshall g12-65 IR is good with either boosted or 800 I’ve found. In the digital world that is.

1000001427.jpg

65 is a Creamback, right? From which IR maker/vendor?
Negative... it's a speaker from the late 70s early 80s... not sure if came before the G12-T75... but it's discontinued. They are pretty rare from my understanding. Less fizzy than T75s.

EDIT: I lied... sorta... there's a Heritage version, but no idea how it sounds vs the originals. My guess it, like most other Celestions, it doesn't do the original justice...

Which cab or IR are you using for it? I know that anything goes, yet most of the time I see the 2203 mentioned with the fizzy T75 speakers. Factory Amp+Cab setup in the Helix, too.
I've been running the 2203 through my 2x12 with Greenbacks and a 1x12 with a Creamback 65. Try Greenbacks, Blackbacks, V30s if you're into them...

The T75 is a pretty classic pairing. I use York IRs of the T75 and occasionally their m25 greenback. I also have the Kerry King set but haven’t tried them yet.

Generally, if the T75 thing is to aggressive or top forward for you, I’d try anything greenback. That will get you something rounder and warmer.

Hello! I need volunteers who want to try the Real Cabs that I made in this case specially designed for the HELIX Matchstick. So the Helix in "FRFR" or PA feels and kicks like a real amp. Simply send me an email to perrymusica@gmail.com requesting it and I will gladly send it to you. Thank you so much

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240425_175553.jpg
    Screenshot_20240425_175553.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20240430_114902.jpg
    Screenshot_20240430_114902.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 15
Oh wow, was working with just the Macbook and no mouse attached for the first time. The scroll behaviour in Helix Native is abysmal. I've never seen anything that bad. Is this the same in HX Edit (can't check, no hardware with me)? That is completely inacceptable. Does anyone ever test these things?

Oh wow, was working with just the Macbook and no mouse attached for the first time. The scroll behaviour in Helix Native is abysmal. I've never seen anything that bad. Is this the same in HX Edit (can't check, no hardware with me)? That is completely inacceptable. Does anyone ever test these things?
I didn’t even know people tried to use the dumbass Apple trackpad, but apparently some even prefer it. The touch/scroll/click behavior of the computer is awful, too. Lose/lose in that scenario.

I didn’t even know people tried to use the dumbass Apple trackpad, but apparently some even prefer it. The touch/scroll/click behavior of the computer is awful, too. Lose/lose in that scenario.

Sorry to say so, but in general, the Apple trackpads are working pretty well (and I'm saying that as a hardcore mouse guy). Better than anything else I ever tried at least. It's just Helix Native completely acting up.

Sorry to say so, but in general, the Apple trackpads are working pretty well (and I'm saying that as a hardcore mouse guy). Better than anything else I ever tried at least. It's just Helix Native completely acting up.

Yeah, it's Native. It just sucks to scroll with anything on a Mac (I use a wired Logitech G mouse on my Mac, but it's the same shit with the trackpad as well).

I blame Line 6.

I honestly like the touch pad on my MacBook, it feels very smooth in comparison to most Windows devices I've used.

Mouse scrolling on Mac OS on the other hand feels like trash, very jittery and inconsistent.

I am having a much better experience after installing MOS (https://mos.caldis.me/)

It makes scrolling with a physical mouse a bit better and keeps the expected scroll wheel orientation (while maintaining the natural setting on the trackpad). Coming from Windows, this was truly handy.

The Apple trackpad is great for a lot of things, in fact it's by far the best trackpad on the market. Mouse is more useful for things where you are dragging stuff or need fine precision. I have both an external Apple trackpad and a Logitech G502 mouse on my desk and just use whichever is convenient. I use a split keyboard so the trackpad sits nicely between the keyboard halves.

But back on topic. Yes, the Helix Native param scroll behavior is goddamn awful and I hate that Line6 refuses to improve this for some reason. It can be literally a few pixels difference between scrolling the list of params vs adjusting a param.

It should be changed to simply "scroll the list". There is never a situation where scrolling to adjust the parameter is that practical, and it doesn't feel intuitive adjusting horizontal sliders with a vertical scroll wheel.

It can be literally a few pixels difference between scrolling the list of params vs adjusting a param

That too. But I sort of got used to it.
What's much more absurd however is the scrolling speed vertical two finger movements translate to in HX Native. I have absolutely no idea why anyone would let that pass through. And it's regardless of the plugin used, can't find anything remotely as horrible as that anywhere.

just had to reach over for ~3 seconds and manually change "usb7 out" to aux because its not in hx edit... which probably would've taken just just as long if it was... and no where near as long as it took to type this.

/rant

Back