Helix Talk

Soon? No.

I'd like a smaller Helix LT though. Since someone here talked about it, I've felt my LT bigger than I need😆

I mean form factor only. I couldn't work with a single DSP.
OK... my ideal unit would be in between FM9/Helix Floor/LT and FM3/Stomp/XL size.

OK... my ideal unit would be in between FM9/Helix Floor/LT and FM3/Stomp/XL size.
This is probably a terrible idea for several reasons, but I’ve wondered if L6 would ever extend the HXFX into an XL variant with 2 DSP chips and maybe 2-4 more footswitches, and of course amp modeling.

That probably ends up competing with the LT, which gets awkward, but the HXFX layout has a different thing going on.

This is probably a terrible idea for several reasons, but I’ve wondered if L6 would ever extend the HXFX into an XL variant with 2 DSP chips and maybe 2-4 more footswitches, and of course amp modeling.

That probably ends up competing with the LT, which gets awkward, but the HXFX layout has a different thing going on.
I'm kinda suprised they haven't just taken a Floor or LT and just chopped off the expression pedal. I'm sure a lot of people would dig that config.

I'm kinda suprised they haven't just taken a Floor or LT and just chopped off the expression pedal. I'm sure a lot of people would dig that config.
It seems like they try to put some space between their offerings. Slight variations eventually become SKU debt that you have to service, maintain, etc.

There might be something to that strategy too. You see lots of folks with more than one HX product - especially with the HX One or Express.

I'm tempted to make a poll thread for that 😆

A few years ago, I would have said no. Nowadays, I clearly say yes. HX Stomp XL is short on footswitches, snapshots, connections (I need the XLR and jack outputs) and DSP. LT is perfect except that the expression pedal makes it too big.

Even more: if there was a "snapshot sequence" mode (like this: https://line6.ideascale.com/c/idea/36113), I would be fine with just 8 footswitches (Bank up/down, 4 for snapshots in "normal mode", Tap tempo/tuner and Mode).

4 snapshots is short for 90% of my presets, but with a "sequence" mode (maybe limited to 10 snapshots max if storage might be a problem), I would only need two footswitches at the bottom for previous/next, and the two on the top could be for adding/removing snapshots or whatever.

Write It Down Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

Another good band name

Stay tuned for my upcoming soyface video "My reaction to all the latest soyface clickbait useless Helix videos" 😲😲😲😲😲
And then wait for someone else uploading a video "I WATCH this guy's soyface REACTION VIDEO to the soyface Helix videos for the FIRST time. AMAZING!!!!"😲😲😲😲

Indeed. Somehow, Helix does not respond to sample rate requests.

The Linux "fix" simply hardcodes these parameters for different HX devices at 48000 - which then work flawlessly. See https://patchwork.kernel.org/projec...-b220-7644-7e04-8da7abe548fe@jensverwiebe.de/ for details.
My problem is that the iOS camera app is requesting 44.1k and Helix won't budge from its 48k. Thus the crackles and pops in the video's audio.

L6 Support noted that, while this may indeed be an issue, not enough folks wrote in about it to warrant putting resources towards it. While the company clearly has its own priorities, and who am I to know better, I don't understand this logic.

L6 gets free marketing when we record social media video/audio showing off the Helix. Connecting an HX device directly to an iPhone is the path of least resistance to putting out these videos, and more and more people will be going this route. Right now, recording video with an iPhone and the Helix results in audio with pops and crackles. That's terrible marketing material to be putting out there, and yet that's what I have to resort to doing. Even taking from the marketing budget to solve this technical issue makes sense in the long-run. Or so I think.

In any case, it's very frustrating since recording direct to iPhone seems like such a no brainer, if it worked properly.

Back