Helix Talk

Verrrryyyy carefully dropping this here. I tried to be as fair as possible and be as honest as I could:

Jon how do you find the amp modeling 9n the Amperium compared to the stuff in the Fractal?
If you have the bandwidth, I'd love to hear some A/B sound samples.

IMG_1630.jpeg

:banana

I wish the helix expression pedal could be sold aftermarket...I can't stand my mission line 6 pedals
How might a bespoke Helix expression pedal be different? If there's something novel, I could totally see it, but...

...Expression pedals are tough to develop on your own—not because they're complicated, but because it's soooo much cheaper and easier to slap your name on an OEM pedal, which is why Line 6, Fractal, Kemper, Fender, and others currently do this (as well as some—but not all—BOSS pedals). In many cases, buying an OEM pedal—shipping and everything—costs less than our ex-factory pricing would be!

It's the same reason why we have no plans on releasing a two-switch expansion for HX Stomp—you can buy one on Amazon for less than a fast food meal and have it on your doorstep the next day. No way in hell to compete with that.

Personally, I use Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X) full and mini expressions. You gotta flip a couple of dip switches inside and change the polarity inside Helix, but they work really well, especially for the price. Just really wish they had integrated toe switches.

it's soooo much cheaper and easier to slap your name on an OEM pedal, which is why Line 6, Fractal, Kemper, Fender, and others currently do this
I haven’t seen an OEM expression pedal identical to Fractal’s EV-1 and EV-2. If you have, I’d honestly love to know where.

I haven’t seen an OEM expression pedal identical to Fractal’s EV-1 and EV-2. If you have, I’d honestly love to know where.
No way am I going there; zero interest in Cliff losing a sale. Suffice to say, we looked into having the same company add a toe switch for us, but for whatever reason, the project fell apart. Can't remember why to be honest. Run rate probably. Or that it'd look exactly like Fractal's pedals.

How might a bespoke Helix expression pedal be different? If there's something novel, I could totally see it, but...

For me, it’s the toe switch…

I got used to it with Helix. Right now I’m using an FM9, and there are remarkably few options that have a toe switch. And most of them use a latching switch which makes no damn sense to me.

It’s such a simple, elegant solution to a common problem and yet there are hardly any options.

D

The toe switch thing has been plaguing my thoughts for a while. I thought about getting a Hotone Soul Press 2 and trying to mod it, but ultimately I’m too lazy.

No way am I going there; zero interest in Cliff losing a sale. Suffice to say, we looked into having the same company add a toe switch for us, but for whatever reason, the project fell apart. Can't remember why to be honest. Run rate probably. Or that it'd look exactly like Fractal's pedals.
Oh, I wasn’t implying that I wanted to know the source. It was more like an “in my hundreds of hours of going down the expression rabbit hole, I’ve never seen one, prove it” kind of thing. 😂

I’m already a satisfied EV-2 owner.

I got in trouble for calling out one of these clickbait douchewads over this. He screamed and turned purple all mad that I didn;t watch the whole video, but I say, "Live by the clickbait, die by the clickbait" not my fault if you are being dishonest
Yep. It’s an instant unsubscribe for me when they pull that shit. If they have to resort to that, maybe it’s time for a new career path.

Back