Helix Talk

Helix Floor about 180ms (measured).

Stomp could be faster, just one DSP.

EDIT:
Oh, you're asking for an opinion, well, on the Helix Floor I feel it could be a little faster, below 100ms would be great.
My presets are super simple with not much beyond core tone and some wet effects so snapshots are plenty enough to do it all in one preset for me.

Last edited:
Helix Floor about 180ms (measured).

Stomp could be faster, just one DSP.

EDIT:
Oh, you're asking for an opinion, well, on the Helix Floor I feel it could be a little faster, below 100ms would be great.
My presets are super simple with not much beyond core tone and some wet effects so snapshots are plenty enough to do it all in one preset for me.

How'd you measure this? I'll measure my stomp later if I know how.

In Cakewalk I select Milliseconds as the marker time format, then I record a few patch changes, zoom in, place the cursor at the ends of the silent part, note the milliseconds and calculate the delta manually.

daw.png

Interesting, I don't hear a change in sound.
Maybe try switching between presets with different amps and different IR/Cabs?
Maybe heavier presets take longer time to switch?

No problem. The two presets I was changing between are basically the same core sounds but the delays/mods are different. Those blocks weren't engaged though just amp, cab and reverb.

I'll record something else later and see if it changes.

Ok I recorded and measured a few different examples tonight.

First is a BE100 patch into a jcm800, there's dynamic ambience reverb on both. I was measuring 91ms from the BE to jcm and 109ms going back again.

The second run through was the same patches with a 808 tube screamer added to the BE and a Plumes added to the 800. This time I got 95ms from jcm to BE and 105 going back again. The patches were the other way round in this example.

Finally I rerecorded the princeton patches from last night again but changed the klon on the second patch to a kot and got the same result of approx 126ms

Could the dsp used in the patch affect the patch change time that much?

Back