Helix Talk

If the new product is pushed back from 2028 to 2029 I'll take the Helix DSP update, but if it pushes a 2025 release then no.
If it's a 2025 release then you must be working on it for at least 2 years at this point.
It may not necessarily include a replacement for Helix (or even be guitar/bass-centric), but my part of the many things we've been cooking actively began in 2017, a full year before Stomp was announced. Additional feature definition began years earlier.

The Editor Exists

Very nice editor. I especially like the row of knobs which save space, are easy to read (font should be bigger so it's super easy) and allow ergonomic movement of hand.
Great to see L6 went with the best UI option for this editor. Wondering if they'll ever bring the best UI option to their flagship editor.
Another confirmation that knobs are better.

It may not necessarily include a replacement for Helix (or even be guitar/bass-centric), but my part of the many things we've been cooking actively began in 2017, a full year before Stomp was announced. Additional feature definition began years earlier.
I can only imagine the risk and investment it takes to develop a completely new product for years without knowing if it will sell.
What if people don't don't understand the product and it sells poorly (general business question, not specific to Line 6)?
Who can predict that?

What if something similar and/or better is released by another company while your still in development?

Being a non-risk-taking person, I would never invest in something that is not sure deal.

and this is what so many won’t understand, the whole scope of the timeline in product development. I surely don’t… but I do know you have told about the Helix timeline up until release, wich for me was a eye opener vs the typical consumer logic i was thinking. I remember asking on tgp back in 2018 if it was a good thing to get an LT or if should wait for the next thing :roflFrank came in and straightened me out.

I think it's time for the birth of that size 3.8 baby to happen... even if it's by cesarean section!!!
Maybe the non-Helix-related product (if I recall correctly?) to be released in advance "this fall" was the new limited color DL4 MK2 after all. Or there's something else still brewing.

We'll know soon enough.

This is a long shot for sure but I remember Roland had and entire workstation compact that was a digital recording console

Is it possible Line6 will create it own monitors
Workstation. That has a DAW
Next Gen modelling and fx incorporated into it something like what Roland was doing

I know it was also mentioned about Line6 making their own chips like an apple silicon so perhaps your non MI partner is a tech / software company

Maybe the non-Helix-related product (if I recall correctly?) to be released in advance "this fall" was the new limited color DL4 MK2 after all. Or there's something else still brewing.

We'll know soon enough.
Out of the 5 product DI alluded to coming out 1 this year 4 next , I really don’t think the silver DL nor the POD express edit were them

With digital products needing a long development time, do you ever find yourself in a situation where a product that seemed like a great idea in 2017, ends up being past its prime in say 2019, even before it gets released?

I messed around with the UI on the Hotone Ampero II Stage a bit in a guitar store in Japan, and really liked a lot about it. To me this was a lot like what I would have wanted a Pod Go to be, and the difference between those products coming to market was only 2 years. Something like the Kemper Player seems like a dated product from the start in comparison when it doesn't have big touch screens and a full array of fx.

With digital products needing a long development time, do you ever find yourself in a situation where a product that seemed like a great idea in 2017, ends up being past its prime in say 2019, even before it gets released?
"Past its prime" might be overstating it it a bit, but there have been situations (and I'm sure it'll happen again) where we think we're first to market with a particular feature or UI element and someone else beats us to the punch. It just makes the launch a tiny bit less satisfying. Thankfully there always seem to be enough other novel things to talk about.

It’s a travesty that in 2024, with all of the stuff currently crammed into Helix, that the platform lacks a legit Mesa Mark high gain tone.

It’s the sound I hear in my head, and what I use on stage and in the studio. I’m going to laugh if this one freakin’ sound is what ends up begrudgingly dragging me into the Fractalverse.

It doesn’t have to be the Mark IV. The III or IIC+ sound better anyway.

It’s a travesty that in 2024, with all of the stuff currently crammed into Helix, that the platform lacks a legit Mesa Mark high gain tone.

It’s the sound I hear in my head, and what I use on stage and in the studio. I’m going to laugh if this one freakin’ sound is what ends up begrudgingly dragging me into the Fractalverse.

It doesn’t have to be the Mark IV. The III or IIC+ sound better anyway.
I am getting some very useable tones out of the Cali IV Lead model. :idk

Back