Helix Talk

There's plenty of them for the HX family. I saved some of my own, too.
There is so much room for improvement though, they're basically just presets in a folder called templates rather than actual templates.

How easily can you make a preset and then change the routing via these presets without losing everything? Lots have blocks pre-loaded, so you either need to adjust those blocks, or remove them and remember where you want things. It can be done way better IMO. Quite often its quicker for me to program the routing from scratch than to rework an existing preset template.

This is actually where the NDSP Plugins suit best, in particular Plini X, 1 cab, 3 amps of graduating gain, a few simple pedals, tidy stand-alone app, you'll run out of things to tweak pretty quickly.
Yeah. Agreed. I have that license (and Nolly) since when it came. I actually tried and used it as my only “modeler” with a Xtone Pro. It actually worked pretty nice, assigning switches and everything. But in the end it didn’t felt as immediate/tactile and midi… ugh… I guess I could go that route again, as a homeplayer. But I tried going 100% software/computer two times and each time ended up going back to pedals.

Yeah. Agreed. I have that license (and Nolly) since when it came. I actually tried and used it as my only “modeler” with a Xtone Pro. It actually worked pretty nice, assigning switches and everything. But in the end it didn’t felt as immediate/tactile and midi… ugh… I guess I could go that route again, as a homeplayer. But I tried going 100% software/computer two times and each time ended up going back to pedals.
Yeah that's the downfall, when you realise the plugins need to be midi programmed to be fully functional, and then you find out that not every activation/de-activation is seamless, and there are no trails etc. That's when I began to realise how well built and comprehensive HX really is.

Want in next thing;
* Modern DSP
* Infinite routing <- this will put Line 6 way ahead.
* No expression
* No joystick
* A different approach to modeling and updating existing models. Versionning is a solution nobidy implemented yet.
There is no graph you can produce that will ever justify ditching the expression pedal.
forbidden downton abbey GIF

Hi! "Clone" 3 presets of this beautiful plugin to have it inside Helix and I'm giving it away for you to try. I chose 3 presets, As i am, Glasgow Kiss and the Piezo emulation to emulate acoustics. Just send me an email to perrymusica@gmail.com and I'll send them to you! Hugs!
Thanks line6 for this amazing device!!
Screenshot_20240802-101509_Facebook.jpg

Last edited:
Add a capture player block that's just like the IR block.

-Snapshot controllable.
-Single or dual captures with panning and delay options.

Maybe a way to easily save your HX amp settings as a capture to free up DSP.

Last edited:
Add a capture player block that's just like the IR block.

-Snapshot controllable.
-Single or dual captures with panning and delay options.

Maybe a way to easily save your HX amp settings as a capture to free up DSP.

I don't think snapshots would switch gapless anymore that way. A capture requires much more CPU juice than an IR.
Which is also why I think capturing internal amp settings wouldn't be that much of a great benefit. Given HQ captures, I don't think that you'd save much CPU horsepower.

I mean, I won't not buy it if the new thing doesn't have a built in expression pedal...

I mean, I won't not buy it if the new thing doesn't have a built in expression pedal...
I probably wouldn’t buy it. Not that it means anything to L6, but I’m a big fan of having one piece of hardware that is capable of controlling all of the software, not just most of it.

Unless they can make it solidly dockable and not make it an extra purchase. Then everyone gets what they want. I don’t think NOT having it is going to change the price any.

everything costs… I can’t be a minuscule thing for them to just “let’s make a modeler with a built in expression pedal”. Surely there’s a cost involved that we pay for.
Sure, but the last $10 of manufacturing costs isn’t going to change the retail price, it just increases their margin.

Back