Helix Talk

Then he came in and said "We need a less expensive DSP so we need to switch to XT amps instead of HD." "GAAAHHHH!!!!"
This was for me the era of looking at any Line6 product like this:

Side Eye Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

"Is this just POD XT/HD or whatever in another form?"

I think you have turned that around with the Helix lineup.

Boss is still in that sus mode where you always wonder if their new product is some shittier COSM stuff rearing its ugly head.

This was for me the era of looking at any Line6 product like this:

Side Eye Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

"Is this just POD XT/HD or whatever in another form?"

I think you have turned that around with the Helix lineup.

Boss is still in that sus mode where you always wonder if their new product is some shittier COSM stuff rearing its ugly head.
COSM has always been a branding issue, not a technology issue. "COSM" is just Roland-speak for modeling (it even predates public acceptance of the term "modeling"!), and there have been many iterations and improvements in COSM over the years.

COSM has always been a branding issue, not a technology issue. "COSM" is just Roland-speak for modeling (it even predates public acceptance of the term "modeling"!), and there have been many iterations and improvements in COSM over the years.
I know, but there's definitely different "tiers" of even Boss modeling. The GT-1000 is the top, and everything else seems to be just a bit below it but you can never really figure out if they are without trying them yourself. Some say the GX-100 doesn't sound as good as the GT-1000 even though on the surface level GX-100 looks like a GT-1000 with a touchscreen UI.

Line6's Helix vs POD lineup is way easier to decipher nowadays.

I know, but there's definitely different "tiers" of even Boss modeling. The GT-1000 is the top, and everything else seems to be just a bit below it but you can never really figure out if they are without trying them yourself. Some say the GX-100 doesn't sound as good as the GT-1000 even though on the surface level GX-100 looks like a GT-1000 with a touchscreen UI.

Line6's Helix vs POD lineup is way easier to decipher nowadays.

katana gen 3 modeling is above GT-1000, not even remotely kidding. GT-1000 successor or update is gonna turn heads

Last edited:
Back