Helix Native: Alnico Blue

Deadpan

Shredder
Vendor
Edit: Will add more amps to this so the title will change when added. See below.

I love my real Matchless HC30 so I thought I would see what I can get Native to do, what do you think?

Last edited:
Dig it! Native is awesome \m/

I want to try it out damnit! I looked again last weekend and couldn’t even find a link to a demo, where two weeks ago it kept telling me File Not Found when I’d try to locate Helix Native. A buddy got it via torrent but I’m not really down with that.

I have Amplitube5 on my laptop now, but I know I’ve heard better tones from Native, but I’d still rather try it out first before I buy it.

I want to try it out damnit! I looked again last weekend and couldn’t even find a link to a demo, where two weeks ago it kept telling me File Not Found when I’d try to locate Helix Native. A buddy got it via torrent but I’m not really down with that.

I have Amplitube5 on my laptop now, but I know I’ve heard better tones from Native, but I’d still rather try it out first before I buy it.

Select "Helix Native" in the center dropdown and download it. It's a 2 week trial I believe?

Sounds brutal.
IR, Stock Cab?
Thanks! Often I think I go for too brutal and have to force myself to lighten up. But this amp is brutal :)

IR

For a while now I have been tired of 500 IRs of a speaker and have been doing crafted IRs. For these I am creating them specifically to match up with Native. At some point I will post them on the Marketplace. Just working them up currently.

Thanks! Often I think I go for too brutal and have to force myself to lighten up. But this amp is brutal :)

IR

For a while now I have been tired of 500 IRs of a speaker and have been doing crafted IRs. For these I am creating them specifically to match up with Native. At some point I will post them on the Marketplace. Just working them up currently.
Yeah that sounds juicy!

Here I was tone matching our 1987x Marshall modded by Monomyth using the 2204 Mod amp in Native.

Man that sounded Awesome :headbang

I also think that the 2204 Mod can sound really good , I used it last on Live wire and got a very good Mick Mars tone out of it

Sounds great! Tone matching to your personal amps?
Yep!
This amp is a monster!

20220916_114759.jpg

Oh, there was definitely plenty of internal debate. Ultimately, we (and our customers) won out.

hasn't this been proven a lot with analog emulation plugins, that they end up boosting the sales of the hardware?

The fact Helix had a plugin version was one of the main draws for me to dive into it. I picked up the HX Stomp first (figured it would be a handy utility device to use in the studio for various tasks) with the intention of mostly using HX Native. I use the plugin more, but I love having the Stomp around for all kinds of things.

Any amp with more than 1 input jack confuses me, so that amp still has one too many!
Thankfully the lower input is more inclined with the actual Plexi gain.

Gets even more confusing when loudness 2 is actually gain and loudness 1 is the master. :)

Thankfully the lower input is more inclined with the actual Plexi gain.

Gets even more confusing when loudness 2 is actually gain and loudness 1 is the master. :)
Dumb question but when people say their is a lower input jack, could you just match that gain on the higher input by reducing the gain? Or is that not how things work lol

Dumb question but when people say their is a lower input jack, could you just match that gain on the higher input by reducing the gain? Or is that not how things work lol
I suppose it depends on the amp. If the input is just padded I would think it could be close. Some amps have different circuits for the inputs.

I haven't verified this but I think this modded amp has the lower gain entering at a different spot than the high gain. They are quite different.

Edit: Will add more amps to this so the title will change when added. See below.

I love my real Matchless HC30 so I thought I would see what I can get Native to do, what do you think?

Really nice - that sounds great. Loved the playing too!

Here I was tone matching our 1987x Marshall modded by Monomyth using the 2204 Mod amp in Native.

Ahh - brutal. Love it!

Back