Helix Firmware 3.60

@Digital Igloo - 3.6 for the win ! I don't know too much about the Grammatico, but this just may be the amp for those Robben Ford tones !

Will be putting this on my Stomp XL this week. Now I need to buy a Helix LT.

Thank you DI and to Line 6 !

Really, from all I know having played (not owned...) a Fuchs, a Ceriatone and even a Bludotone, this thing seems to check most Dumble boxes, at least regarding the ODS model.
Also, after the Elmsley didn't click too much with me so far, I checked my pedals along with the Grammatico set pretty clean. This thing is likely the best pedal platform inside the HX-verse for my taste, too. Which could actually make me think about some pedalboard re-design (depending on how much CPU juice there's left, which I need to find out).

Super pumped about the new cabs more than anything, especially that 12l cab. I’ve always loved the sound of that speaker and haven’t found a good ir of one yet.

Like most, I’m excited to try the new amps too. And another fuzz to boot plus a rotary that isn’t supposed to replace a cabinet, this update looks awesome.

D

Re: Fuzz pedals in general. I really wish Line 6 would come up with at least one fuzz pedal working well with a buffered input signal (hence not allowing for variable impedance anymore). The new Dark Dove, while sounding quite nicely, doesn't play well with a buffered signal, either, backing up the guitar volume sounds so-so-ish at best.
In the real world, by now there's some fuzz pedals working quite well in a buffered environment, perhaps most notable the VS Audio Pandora.
I usually really never ask for any new drives or amps, but the fuzz pedal situation could be improved massively.

Re: Fuzz pedals in general. I really wish Line 6 would come up with at least one fuzz pedal working well with a buffered input signal (hence not allowing for variable impedance anymore). The new Dark Dove, while sounding quite nicely, doesn't play well with a buffered signal, either, backing up the guitar volume sounds so-so-ish at best.
In the real world, by now there's some fuzz pedals working quite well in a buffered environment, perhaps most notable the VS Audio Pandora.
I usually really never ask for any new drives or amps, but the fuzz pedal situation could be improved massively.

A Russian muff was a gap in the helix, they closed it. The Russian muff sounds so-so ish at best when backing down the guitar volume, so it sounds like they nailed the model…

I’m always down for a new fuzz pedal, but I don’t think they could improve the fuzz situation massively. There’s not much missing, except an HX tone bender.

D

John Cordy's Grammatico stock presets are killer! Dang this Grammatico is what I've been looking for...that the Litigator couldn't do. It has way bigger cleans and a nice low mid thing. With all the switches you don't need a boost in the front either.

Last edited:
John Cordy's Grammatico stock presets are killer! Dang this Grammatico is what I've been looking for...that the Litigator couldn't do. It has way bigger cleans and a nice low mid thing. With all the switches you don't need a boost in the front either.
Is it just me or are his preset levels very low compared to the other factory ones?

giphy.gif

I think this update was more like
42AF7118-8B63-4F46-9A29-7651344A4506.gif

Damn that man sure can play, hard to say that any particular amp he demo's sounds amazing, as they all do no matter what he plays through

Back