Helix 3.7: The Freeman Update

7ml2uo.jpg

I agree, Line 6 are classier than hype marketing and quick cashgrabs.
What I was saying is the lack of great sounding 80s Marshalls in the Helix keeps getting bigger.
Do Line 6 realize how disappointing their only 2204 model sounds compared to proper emulation of it like Softube or even free captures?
And now NDSP come up with what appears to be a Marshall plugin... as mainly a Helix user I am totally not cool with this. :confused:

Am i crazy to believe Helix has Marshall tones... pretty well covered already?
Even if you don't care much about the "official" Marshall models, Brit75 (Park 75) and Placater (Friedman BE-100) alone are just :rawk

Last edited:
And also an option to disable/lock the encoders, joystick, preset knob, soft buttons and touch functionality in performance mode, basically anything that the guitar cable can accidentally turn needs to be disabled, only the footswitches and expression active.
Hold 'Home' for 4 seconds to enter/exit locked performance mode, etc.

Another great reason to add a 'lock' option below.
Dragging the cable across the encoders during a performance is a real thing.
Even when editing at home with the unit on the floor, disabling all rotating knobs/encoders to prevent accidental changes is very useful.

This has been asked many times over the years.
There are so many great and simple to implement ideas on ideascale that are completely overlooked.

1685338304025.png

PS.
The few geniuses who will cry "I bRiCkeD mY hELix" when they forget to disable the 'lock' function is not a reason to not implement great ideas.

DI said they are working on more Cabs for 3.7, which is always good.

HiWatt 4x12 will be nice.
4x12 with Classic Lead 80 or G12-80 and G12-65 from the 80s will be very nice.
More 4x12 Greenback and Blackback variations will be very nice, a modern Greenback will be nice.
I hope the 4x12 Brit V30 is updated, no Factory preset is using it unsurprisingly, this is the worst V30 I have heard anywhere.
All the 4x12 cabs have 3 other speakers of the same kind in it, I always wonder if the other speakers sound better than the one they chose.

3.60 was quite on the small side with Dumble being the main thing, I wonder if it is because they are working on something huge for 3.70?
Personally speaking, I'm a simple kind of modeler user, I like good sounding core tone, that's why the Amps and Cabs particularly concern me.

DI said they are working on more Cabs for 3.7, which is always good.

HiWatt 4x12 will be nice.
4x12 with Classic Lead 80 or G12-80 and G12-65 from the 80s will be very nice.
More 4x12 Greenback and Blackback variations will be very nice, a modern Greenback will be nice.
I hope the 4x12 Brit V30 is updated, no Factory preset is using it unsurprisingly, this is the worst V30 I have heard anywhere.
All the 4x12 cabs have 3 other speakers of the same kind in it, I always wonder if the other speakers sound better than the one they chose.

3.60 was quite on the small side with Dumble being the main thing, I wonder if it is because they are working on something huge for 3.70?
Not huge, but certainly bigger than 3.60.

Back