Helix 3.2 when?

Hmm No mention at all of 3.5 Update on any other forum sites, only here and TGP
in fact all other 3 sites I frequent dont ever or rarely mention modelling ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Been looking at some new Factory Pre sets Is there a site which lists the presets and describes them ? or its Just try as you go ?

Hmm No mention at all of 3.5 Update on any other forum sites, only here and TGP
in fact all other 3 sites I frequent dont ever or rarely mention modelling ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
SSO has a thread, and the FAS forum does as well (albeit, focusing on the new cab engine).

Is there a site which lists the presets and describes them ?
Factory 1, the first bunch of presets up until the artist presets in all caps.. Pretty much all barebones amp presets with a few special sounds tossed in at the end of the list

Should we rename this thread to Helix 3.50?

On the other hand, I finally tried the update this morning and I was so glad with what I've listened so far. Great job, Line6! Thanks very much for such an awesome update :)

Should we rename this thread to Helix 3.50?

On the other hand, I finally tried the update this morning and I was so glad with what I've listened so far. Great job, Line6! Thanks very much for such an awesome update :)
Nope. I own the right to start such threads… I discovered it!

But I’ll trade you the rights if you post a cute hug me meme… some animal or something is fine. No monkeys though.

These new HX cabs are pretty damn good. I built a backup preset using the Recto and 412 Greenback cab and it sounds very nice. I swapped out my JT IR and was fine with the substitution and block savings.

Futzed with the Boctaver (lol) for a bit. It could do the trick for my octaver needs but it does this weird pitch bomb when I let a note ring out. Not a big deal as I will just continue to use my octave down from the GR55 instead.

I also, for the first time; set my input impedance to something stupid. And it actually "felt" (oh god make it stop) better. A little softer attack than leaving it on 1m or auto.

For those who have the metallurgy plugin, are the amp models pretty much the same as what was just put in the devices (as in sound the same).

I futzed with it a bit and I gotta say; I didn't really like it. I need to mess with it some more when I get some loud time.
This is a weird complaint, but I don't like the separate pre gain and post gain knobs (sliders). There's a lot of settings that sound bad and it's unclear exactly what post gain does or how it's different from the master volume.

Also IMO the best 5150 model I've ever tried is the free one in the Amped Roots plugin. It's the 50W EL34 version. So if you're just using this for recording, I'd suggest trying that one.

This is a weird complaint, but I don't like the separate pre gain and post gain knobs (sliders). There's a lot of settings that sound bad and it's unclear exactly what post gain does or how it's different from the master volume.

Also IMO the best 5150 model I've ever tried is the free one in the Amped Roots plugin. It's the 50W EL34 version. So if you're just using this for recording, I'd suggest trying that one.
Post should be a per channel master volume like OG 5150. Which should remove the Master control if that's the case? There is a master boost control on the Invective iirc?

A quick reminder that no two identical cabs, speakers and mics in the world will sound identical.
Heck, when you mic the same speaker in eight directions it WILL sound like eight slightly different speakers.
Double heck, same model Celestion speakers sound different every production batch and almost every year.
There is sooooooo much variables to expect any similarity.
You can't double heck without a triple heck. Just feels like you left us hanging.

Back