Headrush Core

Good call on his part
:rollsafe

Well the story goes that it pooped the bed on him while on tour and he didnt have much money to replace it so bought a MX5 and ended up switching to it he was so happy. That happened to me with my QSC Touchmix 16. Day of gig it died and the only thing GC had was a Soundcraft ui16. That was 7 years ago and I haven't used anything but Soundcraft UI stuff since for mixing.

The latency measurements by a chap on here when the Prime first came out were atrocious
and borderline unworkable when using the Profiling feature, though.

:idk

It's all .... errr... captured.... in the Prime thread for anyone interested in something more than hearsay,
speculation, and conjecture.

Amp/Cab alone is about 2x the industry standard. Not a dealbreaker for everyone, but still 2x what the
competition is able to offer. Once profiling is added too the mix, though, it just goes well past anything
that seems reasonable .... let alone... desirable. To me.

Yeah I can’t speak to the quality of the unit, as I’ve never used anything by them and this doesn’t trip my trigger either. I was more looking at it from the perspective that it offers a pretty compelling feature set (modeling, captures, wireless capabilities, Bluetooth etc.) I think we are seeing a shift where those features are going to be the standard for any new hardware device. Which is a good thing.

Yeah I can’t speak to the quality of the unit, as I’ve never used anything by them and this doesn’t trip my trigger either. I was more looking at it from the perspective that it offers a pretty compelling feature set (modeling, captures, wireless capabilities, Bluetooth etc.) I think we are seeing a shift where those features are going to be the standard for any new hardware device. Which is a good thing.
Are the Prime and Core any better as far as amp models (not captures) than the previous HR devices? They lack liveliness or something. Just lifeless.

Are the Prime and Core any better as far as amp models (not captures) than the previous HR devices? They lack liveliness or something. Just lifeless.

IIRC, Headrush models are identical across their entire product line.

Sweetwater uploaded a review video for the Core, with a nice size comparison.

For reference, the Core on the right is ~40% larger than a NDSP Quad Cortex, and roughly the size of a Pod Go.

Screenshot 2023-09-24 142036.png

At Cornell University they have an incredible piece of scientific equipment known as the tunneling electron microscope. Now, this microscope is so powerful that by firing electrons you can actually see images of the atom, the infinitesimally minute building blocks of our universe. If I were using that microscope right now, I still wouldn't be able to locate my interest in a Headrush Core.

At Cornell University they have an incredible piece of scientific equipment known as the tunneling electron microscope. Now, this microscope is so powerful that by firing electrons you can actually see images of the atom, the infinitesimally minute building blocks of our universe. If I were using that microscope right now, I still wouldn't be able to locate my interest in a Headrush Core.
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

Back