Headrush Core

Bob Zaod

Rock Star
Hmmmm

1695142530396.png

1695142676208.png

Headrush Core Mutli-Effects Amp Modeler and Vocal Processor Features

• Huge library of realistic & responsive guitar FX, amps, cabs & microphone emulations
  • Virtually unlimited impulse response loading
  • Capture the sound of your own precious analog gear with proprietary ‘smart cloning’ technology
  • Full suite of vocal FX including the industry-standard Antares Auto-Tune
  • Gapless switching between presets
  • Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, & USB Audio compatible
  • A 7-inch touch display
  • ‘Hands Free Mode’ to make on-the-fly changes while performing
  • Record loops up to 5 minutes long with 20 minutes of total overdub time
  • Load songs directly from Dropbox & slow down or even change the pitch
  • Stereo FX loop that enables you to run pedals & other external gear
  • Wide array of inputs & outputs including 1/4”, XLR, headphones out, MIDI, & wireless connectivity
  • Durable road-ready steel chassis

Couple early observations. I think the price point is a bit high. Should shoot for the 799 range. Totally original model name..:rolleyes:

I'd have called it Gigboard II but whatever.

They seem to be trending towards a new MX5 if they follow the last models output.

Don't love the hardware setup...looks like the same size as the GT-1000 with half the switches, no expression, and one knob?

For the price delta look at what you lose compared to Prime

1695143656480.png

Losing scribble strips, 7 switches, and an exp pedal. I think the I/O is the same but why drop a grand on a Core when you can grab a used Prime for that or add a measly 300 for a new Prime? Price of 999 makes no sense to me. I predict a price shift after the lack of initial sales.

Last edited:
I thought this was another one of the budget floorboard units like Donner or Valeton.

Big thumbs down for the lack of real knobs to adjust stuff.

I thought the same originally with the MX5 but the touchscreen really does make up for it.

For the price delta look at what you lose compared to Prime

View attachment 11041

Losing scribble strips, 7 switches, and an exp pedal. I think the I/O is the same but why drop a grand on a Core when you can grab a used Prime for that or add a measly 300 for a new Prime. Price of 999 makes no sense to me.

It's kind of a Headrush LT but not really with so few switches.

IMO any company making a unit with less than eight switches should be targeting in terms of size something that fits on a pedalboard (HX Stomp, GT Core, MX5, etc). Either make a full size unit with plenty of switches or make something small and portable.

It's kind of a Headrush LT but not really with so few switches.

IMO any company making a unit with less than eight switches should be targeting in terms of size something that fits on a pedalboard (HX Stomp, GT Core, MX5, etc). Either make a full size unit with plenty of switches or make something small and portable.

From what I can tell it's 4 switches because I can guarantee that 5th one will not be usable for anything other than it's tuner/tap label. I get why they did it, it has 8 scenes, 2 per switch but I dont agree with it. Like you said have 8 switches at least so we can assign scenes AND stomps/rigs without having to use an outboard controller.

These guys seem to think they are competing with Fractal and Line 6. :p It's cool they are doing new development/products but I think they need to position themselves as a better value than the others by coming in at a lower price point; because I don't think they are competitive enough on quality to play in that price range. IMHO.

Any news on the size? It looks larger than the Gigboard - which is already quite beefier than, say, a Quad Cortex. Not exactly "core"...

And, as a sidenote, goddamnit, i wish Line 6 would release something like this already. A full-power Helix, sans expression pedal, in a compact package.

These guys seem to think they are competing with Fractal and Line 6. :p It's cool they are doing new development/products but I think they need to position themselves as a better value than the others by coming in at a lower price point; because I don't think they are competitive enough on quality to play in that price range. IMHO.

I agree 100%

Any news on the size? It looks larger than the Gigboard - which is already quite beefier than, say, a Quad Cortex. Not exactly "core"...

And, as a sidenote, goddamnit, i wish Line 6 would release something like this already. A full-power Helix, sans expression pedal, in a compact package.

• Dimensions (width x depth x height):
    • 16.08" x 9.24" x 2.64"
    • 40.84 x 23.46 x 6.70 cm On a quick check I cant find the Gigboard size cos it has been discontinued but yeah it's definitely bigger.

• Dimensions (width x depth x height):
    • 16.08" x 9.24" x 2.64"
    • 40.84 x 23.46 x 6.70 cm On a quick check I cant find the Gigboard size cos it has been discontinued but yeah it's definitely bigger.

Thanks. Yeah, definitely not a super compact unit. That's roughly the size of a Pod Go.

Agree. At that price point especially. I can see a new MX5 doing well though if it's sub 500.

Maybe. The thing that throws me off now is where are these tones coming from? It's like a mashup of Eleven Rack remastered...remastered again? Plus some random stuff from a couple defunct plugins? And some quality of life features? Plus..."The Cloud"?

From a features standpoint these new Headrush units completely blow away every modeler being made right now. They do have some great amp models too but too few good ones so far. Though some like to say the sound sucks on the Headrush units, it most certainly can if you don't gain stage properly or dial with your ears and hands. For instance the Mesa models in my MX5 sound great BUT not if you have owned a lot of Mesas like I have, and you try to dial them like their respective models. it's almost like they decided to remake the eq's and gain to their liking.

Last edited:
Back