Headrush Core

7zqvr4.jpg

If you haven't seen the "Jackchop" commercial you need to. Same with @DrewJD82 The guy literally reminds me of about a dozen of my friends back east

Last edited:
mic input is cool

*cough* vocoders wha?

My friend who owns the Prime has tried it as a Vox unit (which was my initial fascination with
it being an all-in-one option for guitar and Vox).

It's kind of bad. It's like they assumed all guitarists want to be Rappers. Yeah, we don't do the fucking autotune
thing like that in our music. Not usually. But many in the Presets they sure ramp that feature up. And yes, the
Preamp kind of blows in it.

Then you combine the massive latency with the Headrush products (especially if you use Profiling), the lack of
any kind of editor (which means you have to hunch over and tap that awesome touchscreen to make simple
changes.... and yes, I know about the footswitch editing :facepalm ), and the questionable software that is likely a
couple of gens behind the competition and not up to snuff, and I can't help but feel these are undeveloped
and not fully realized units for anyone not named Bob. :idk

I can't help but feel these are undeveloped

As you know I have owned and used a lot of modeling units. This MX5 doesn't feel half baked at all. Sure I wish there was a PC editor but it's a super intuitive unit. believe me I balked at using a touchscreen for nearly everything but I have really warmed up to it. So much faster to edit than HX Edit, BTS, and FM3 edit.

I watched the launch video. I didn’t realize this also captures. Good for them.

Confirms my thoughts that within 1-2 years every device with any ambition will have to have both modeling and capture tech, plus use a touch screen interface with wireless capabilities.

Not my thing here, but can’t hate what’s in the box.

My friend who owns the Prime has tried it as a Vox unit (which was my initial fascination with
it being an all-in-one option for guitar and Vox).

It's kind of bad. It's like they assumed all guitarists want to be Rappers. Yeah, we don't do the fucking autotune
thing like that in our music. Not usually. But many in the Presets they sure ramp that feature up. And yes, the
Preamp kind of blows in it.

Then you combine the massive latency with the Headrush products (especially if you use Profiling), the lack of
any kind of editor (which means you have to hunch over and tap that awesome touchscreen to make simple
changes.... and yes, I know about the footswitch editing :facepalm ), and the questionable software that is likely a
couple of gens behind the competition and not up to snuff, and I can't help but feel these are undeveloped
dave chappelle comedy GIF

From what I can tell it's 4 switches because I can guarantee that 5th one will not be usable for anything other than it's tuner/tap label. I get why they did it, it has 8 scenes, 2 per switch but I dont agree with it. Like you said have 8 switches at least so we can assign scenes AND stomps/rigs without having to use an outboard controller.
It's five of anything you want.

It's five of anything you want.

Thats good to know. Still for me it's missing at least 4 switches and an exp pedal if they want 1k of my money for it. Still gonna wait for a newer MX5 with profiling tech though for say 500 bucks. Right now I have the 6 scenes on unit and 4 stomps via Ampero MIDI controller along with everything else I need for a gig on a single pedalboard the size of a Helix floor.

On the profiling tech I saw a couple people theorize than an MX5 would most likely just play profiles. That'd be silly because HR didn't neuter the MX5's processing. It has the exact same processing as the full pedalboard.

Thats good to know. Still for me it's missing at least 4 switches and an exp pedal if they want 1k of my money for it. Still gonna wait for a newer MX5 with profiling tech though for say 500 bucks. Right now I have the 6 scenes on unit and 4 stomps via Ampero MIDI controller along with everything else I need for a gig on a single pedalboard the size of a Helix floor.

On the profiling tech I saw a couple people theorize than an MX5 would most likely just play profiles. That'd be silly because HR didn't neuter the MX5's processing. It has the exact same processing as the full pedalboard.
I agree. The Core can get you TWENTY scenes though. Granted it's a pain to get to them but still.... don't forget the new A and B rows.

I watched the launch video. I didn’t realize this also captures. Good for them.

Confirms my thoughts that within 1-2 years every device with any ambition will have to have both modeling and capture tech, plus use a touch screen interface with wireless capabilities.

Not my thing here, but can’t hate what’s in the box.

The latency measurements by a chap on here when the Prime first came out were atrocious
and borderline unworkable when using the Profiling feature, though.

:idk

It's all .... errr... captured.... in the Prime thread for anyone interested in something more than hearsay,
speculation, and conjecture.

Amp/Cab alone is about 2x the industry standard. Not a dealbreaker for everyone, but still 2x what the
competition is able to offer. Once profiling is added too the mix, though, it just goes well past anything
that seems reasonable .... let alone... desirable. To me.

The latency measurements by a chap on here when the Prime first came out were atrocious

It's all .... errr... captured.... in the Prime thread for anyone interested in something more than hearsay,

Amp/Cab alone is about 2x the industry standard. Not a dealbreaker for everyone, but still 2x what the
competition is able to offer. Once profiling is added too the mix, though, it just goes well past anything

Supposedly, they've fixed this or improved it somewhat with the latest firmware that just came out. I have no measurements to speak to that, however. You'd think that would be the sort of thing the company itself would trumpet from the top of their lungs....

This has been fixed and verified to be fine now.

It's cool, it really is. But it's too expensive compared to the Prime. The original Gigboard was 65% the price of a Pedalboard. The Core is 77% the price of a Prime. The price of the Core should be closer to 850. Even then I'd say it's a little pricey.

Back