Headrush Core

Tired Sleep GIF by Big Brother Australia

From a features standpoint these new Headrush units completely blow away every modeler being made right now. They do have some great amp models too but too few good ones so far. Though some like to say the sound sucks on the Headrush units, it most certainly can if you don't gain stage properly or dial with your ears and hands. For instance the Mesa models in my MX5 sound great BUT not if you have owned a lot of Mesas like I have, and you try to dial them like their respective models. it's almost like they decided to remake the eq's and gain to their liking.

Well, processing firepower is a feature, and Headrush stuff is typically lacking there. So is a robust modern content library, which....well, you know.

A touchscreen Tonex with significantly more effects and vocal processing is cool on paper, but then again....Tonex is half the price.

Now, if only Headrush would have designed the Core to require an IEC power cable like they did with the Prime model !

I really like the IEC power source...like my FM3 and HLT.
It's not an IEC? Yikes. I don't know how any company ships a modeler without that, with the exception of the Stomp, due to its size.

Why do they have to name everthing the same?
Boss Core, Cortex, Core this, Core that.

It's like they think guitarists are dumb.
I am offended.

This band I may be forming, one of the name suggestions is Kore'. I guess it's another name for some Goddess of the underworld. Persephone or something.

Fourscore corequisite albacore scorekeepers succored threescore manticore encores. 😀

Food Nom GIF by Monterey Bay Aquarium

Last edited:
Nope ! The Core is NOT IEC. I guess it's some kind of 9 volt power supply....

EDIT: Powered by a 12volt DC 3amp power adapter. There ya go.
It's likely the same power adapter they use on all the InMusic stuff, since many of their products across their companies run on the same SoC (Akai, DenonDJ, Numark, Headrush).

Back