General Thanks

Probably not D&M related but I just wanted to shout out a general thanks to whomever started and is running TGF. The Tone Master Pro thread over on the other place is exactly why I can hardly stand it over there anymore.

Some of the posters in that thread are extremely condescending and just come off as total dicks! Literally none of that crap goes on over here. Anyway, feel free to move this if necessary but how the Tone Master Pro launch and subsequent discussions thread over there is running makes me glad this place exists.

Peace out. :guiness
agree 110 percent....over there they all act like the tmp is the second coming of christ...when we all know thats not true. right?I mean geezzzz... cheers

I see the "foot on the bumper" phenomenon in all sorts of contexts, but online discourse is the Mother of All Bumpers.
Anytime I see a Badlander conversation

1700068353775.gif

Three out of the five times I was banned there was for defending myself after being pig piled on and attacked. The way I see it though if someone reports you then you definitely won the fight. I've never reported anybody in any of these forums. I've put a few on Iggy but never reported anyone. In my opinion that's childish cry baby crap.

I really like it here and I hope it continues to grow.

Tmp seems to be the new qc. I got banned there for pointing out the obvious stupidity in defending the company over a lackluster product. Now people are openly against neural the same way that got me banned. Don’t know if some of them are paid shills that just attach to the latest product or just misguided old men that cannot stop consooming.

I found it interesting that Tonex for example never got the same attention and for once there were strong opinions both pro and against. Not on TP and not so much on yt either. With QC It was probably just aggressive marketing.

Tmp seems to be the new qc. I got banned there for pointing out the obvious stupidity in defending the company over a lackluster product. Now people are openly against neural the same way that got me banned. Don’t know if some of them are paid shills that just attach to the latest product or just misguided old men that cannot stop consooming.

I found it interesting that Tonex for example never got the same attention and for once there were strong opinions both pro and against. Not on TP and not so much on yt either. With QC It was probably just aggressive marketing.
Same here

I think the TMP getting more attention than the ToneX is just due to its all-in-one status, at TGP anyway. The ToneX had plenty of attention here and it wasn’t exactly positive. Add in the Fender brand name and it makes all the sense to me, as a lot of people posting in that thread were never D&M regulars to begin with.

After the QC situation, from a member side of things, I think any time you’re getting people that are new to modeling and have zero clue about that whole world, it opens up a lot of ground for “There’s no way this new shiny thing is worse than those old things”. Then, post-launch you start seeing things like “Is it possible to do this on the _____?” and that’s when they start seeing omissions or things that are standard on the ones that have been around a while, once they start digging in.

As far as bannings and whatnot, while I have no direct insider information from any TGP mods, my assumption is that TGP finds it more beneficial to have company reps using their forum than to have every member voice their opinion freely (Unless it’s Fractal!) I’ve been asked here by a couple company reps to quell angry voices and that resulted in me calling out the company reps in the threads they were reporting and telling them they could address the issues directly in the thread, but I wasn’t going to be banning members or deleting posts. In one case it worked, in another it didn’t and they haven’t been back.

FWIW, I personally invited Stilwell here around the TMP launch. I ‘know’ him going back to the HRI days and was stoked to see he was with Fender and was working on a big project like that. Almost immediately after the invitation went out, our TMP threads turned more negative than anything and are most certainly not inviting for the Fender reps to comment in because I personally couldn’t say it appears anyone here is actually interested in buying one and they’re just going to become human dart boards, but he still checks in, adds something on occasion and has never once reached out to me for some ‘behind the scenes assistance’ or anything of the such. That’s more than I can say for other company reps who have actual customers here that still use their products.

After the QC situation, from a member side of things, I think any time you’re getting people that are new to modeling and have zero clue about that whole world, it opens up a lot of ground for “There’s no way this new shiny thing is worse than those old things”. Then, post-launch you start seeing things like “Is it possible to do this on the _____?” and that’s when they start seeing omissions or things that are standard on the ones that have been around a while, once they start digging in.

Following the TMP thread at TOP, it’s pretty obvious that the honeymoon is over for many people and now there are quite a few requests for improvements and fixes.

Following the TMP thread at TOP, it’s pretty obvious that the honeymoon is over for many people and now there are quite a few requests for improvements and fixes.

Yeah, there’s been some movement in that direction for sure. I think less than 2 months after launch is a little early to hold them to the flame just yet, but I’m not so cynical these days. I think my biggest thing for Fender was that there wasn’t a year-long hype campaign leading up to its launch where they said half-way (3/4’s?) through, “Uh, hi guys, so uh, I know we brag a lot, but um, we’re going to ship this half-assed and full of bugs, but don’t worry, we’ll be updating it aggressively and everything is super easy!”

As far as bannings and whatnot, while I have no direct insider information from any TGP mods, my assumption is that TGP finds it more beneficial to have company reps using their forum than to have every member voice their opinion freely (Unless it’s Fractal!) I’ve been asked here by a couple company reps to quell angry voices and that resulted in me calling out the company reps in the threads they were reporting and telling them they could address the issues directly in the thread, but I wasn’t going to be banning members or deleting posts. In one case it worked, in another it didn’t and they haven’t been back.

FWIW, I personally invited Stilwell here around the TMP launch. I ‘know’ him going back to the HRI days and was stoked to see he was with Fender and was working on a big project like that. Almost immediately after the invitation went out, our TMP threads turned more negative than anything and are most certainly not inviting for the Fender reps to comment in because I personally couldn’t say it appears anyone here is actually interested in buying one and they’re just going to become human dart boards, but he still checks in, adds something on occasion and has never once reached out to me for some ‘behind the scenes assistance’ or anything of the such. That’s more than I can say for other company reps who have actual customers here that still use their products.
Seemed to me that there was some pressure from vendors over there and I'm happy to hear it's not that way here.
As far as reps go, things are different and forums are a big marketing engine. I understand why some companies would try to manipulate the discussions but on the other hand it's nice when a company acknowledges mistakes and tries to work on making it right. It builds trust.

Haha, seems to me that this whole internet marketing things works similar to crypto. There's a huge FOMO phase before and at launch and then things just slowly dissipate into normality until the next big thing.

Haha, seems to me that this whole internet marketing things works similar to crypto. There's a huge FOMO phase before and at launch and then things just slowly dissipate into normality until the next big thing.
You can see it via the YT algorithm. Influencers get their hands on the new item, make a ton of videos how it's the Kemper, helix, QC, fractal etc killer. Then you don't ever see them play it again lol

Reactions: SKU
But hey, regarding TOP during the last few days:

FENDER WINTER GIVEAWAY POPUP!
FENDER WINTER GIVEAWAY POPUP! FENDER WINTER GIVEAWAY POPUP! FENDER WINTER GIVEAWAY POPUP! FENDER WINTER GIVEAWAY POPUP! FENDER WINTER GIVEAWAY POPUP!

Back