General Thanks

texhex

Roadie
Probably not D&M related but I just wanted to shout out a general thanks to whomever started and is running TGF. The Tone Master Pro thread over on the other place is exactly why I can hardly stand it over there anymore.

Some of the posters in that thread are extremely condescending and just come off as total dicks! Literally none of that crap goes on over here. Anyway, feel free to move this if necessary but how the Tone Master Pro launch and subsequent discussions thread over there is running makes me glad this place exists.

Peace out. :guiness

Jimmy Fallon Cringe GIF

There’s another place?

Probably not D&M related but I just wanted to shout out a general thanks to whomever started and is running TGF. The Tone Master Pro thread over on the other place is exactly why I can hardly stand it over there anymore.

Some of the posters in that thread are extremely condescending and just come off as total dicks! Literally none of that crap goes on over here. Anyway, feel free to move this if necessary but how the Tone Master Pro launch and subsequent discussions thread over there is running makes me glad this place exists.

Peace out. :guiness
AGREE 110%...:bonk

My wife and I dealt with a car salesman who, whenever your asked a question, would pause and slowly raise his foot to rest on the bumper to explain the answer.

Gear is so niche, because it straddles the lines of different disciplines: musicianship, consumer electronics, electrical engineering, recording, mixing, mastering, live sound, psychoacoustics, acoustics, programming, lutherie, graphic design, industrial design, marketing, voodoo, hype, psychology, etc. And the combinations of knowledge is so strange, no one is going to have all the answers.

I see the "foot on the bumper" phenomenon in all sorts of contexts, but online discourse is the Mother of All Bumpers. You can't say anything without a gaggle of blowhards descending and condescending with inelegant equivocations, conflations, general ignorance, half truths, and wrong contexts, with a healthy dose of passive aggression, delivered with the moral authority of a religious icon.

But I'm largely not seeing that on The Gear Forum. I don't think that's a phenomenon you can just mod of existence; maybe you have to do it by fostering something better, and that's a collective effort. Whatever the case, cheers for this little sanctuary.

It’s like a neighborhood pub here. TOP is like a tech bro conference where everyone is trying to pitch their startup ideas and one up each other (mostly).
On one hand it's exactly that, on the other hand you'll post something useful and honest, and get no reaction at all.

On here, people keep up the conversation, along with jokes and well-intentioned insults (if that makes any sense).

I love this place. ❤️

Back