Fulltone Back, Sort of

The customer service king is back
Jim Carrey Vomit GIF

The OCD is literally the only decent pedal he's made, IMO. The rest are extremely well built but thoroughly mediocre-sounding pedals. Add to that his dickish behavior, and I am not excited for this.
I'll disagree with that. The MDV-3 and SupaTrem 2 are :chef.

Ahh and here's the last time we heard from him. May you never lose your arrogance or soul patch :chef

“It’s with a heavy heart that I announce that Fulltone will be closing its doors in CA after 30 years. The building, which I own, is up for sale. Myself and my crew want to thank you for your support all these years and for putting up with my eccentricities as well. Do not feel sorry for me, I have made many mistakes and learned a lot in the past 30n years. The heavy heart is for my 10, 15, 20, and 26 year employees who are like family...I would have closed Fulltone years ago were it not for them. I've done well financially thanks in part to you, and to the many large years in the roaring 2000s and beyond plus real estate and some good investments, so it's time to enjoy the fruits of all that labor. I'm closing the Fulltone CA Shop because I will not start pumping my person money into a business that no longer turns a profit...this 4 year climate makes 100% made in the USA impossible. Fulltone will remain a valid Corporation, I'll continue to vigorously defend my $3M worth of worldwide Trademarks & Patent, and will build a few pedals here and there as I am vividly aware of what it takes to keep my brand from being stolen. My plans? My wife and I bought a well-known artist's 17 acre property and world-class recording studio outside of Nashville last year, so I'm going back to what I'm good at, playing guitar and recording my mediocre 70's rock. And I'll do the occasional outside project, particularly for unknown talent who could never otherwise afford to record through tape machines and great digital, let alone have 99 finely-tuned vintage guitar, 65 vintage amps, and a tone of the finest vintage microphones at their disposal. It's time for the old guy to move out of the way and make room for the geniuses of the next, more digital, generation. Thank you again, and feel free to reach out! Michael Fuller/Fulltone"

Not sure if Jackson Audio bought Fulltone or just has an agreement to produce the pedals, but either way I think it’s cool to have this stuff back available.

My understanding of it is that it is a business arrangement. Michael Fuller still owns Fulltone and the name. It sounds like they are partnering in this. Fuller will be the guy that designs the circuits and develops new pedals and Jackson Audo is the builder.

My understanding of it is that it is a business arrangement. Michael Fuller still owns Fulltone and the name. It sounds like they are partnering in this. Fuller will be the guy that designs the circuits and develops new pedals and Jackson Audo is the builder.

Rumor has it that they’re going to have Karine Jean-Pierre handle their customer relations.

The OCD is literally the only decent pedal he's made, IMO. The rest are extremely well built but thoroughly mediocre-sounding pedals. Add to that his dickish behavior, and I am not excited for this.

Maybe you're not a vibe fan? His Deja-Vibe is awesome, especially the mini version.

Mike knows what the fuck he's doing. He's one of the OGs in the Boutique/small batch pedal world--if not the OG.

That said, there's not a single Fulltone pedal I have ever kept, and that's after plowing my way most of them. :idk

Oh, and anyone seen the Fulltone Custom Shop prices in the past year? Fuck me! :facepalm

Was just really average, dull sounding. It didn’t have the juice to it that a good amp trem has. Maybe I’d never gel with a trem pedal.
Hmm, I don't find it dull, and the boost can help brighten up somewhat. I'd agree it's not as lovely as a tube bias trem though. My Traynor YGM-3 tremolo being one example.
Running the Supa2 in stereo is also sweet. To my ears.:grin

I had a Fulldrive 2 back in the day, not sure why I got rid of it but that’s a killer pedal. I doubt I’ll ever get rid of my OCD (V2) because it’s just a good dirt pedal to have kicking around, but the ‘70 Fuzz might end up getting sold. I only bought the OCD and ‘70 about 5 minutes after the closing announcement came out because I figured the chances of getting them at reasonable prices would be over by the end of the day.

His stuff really stood out back in the 90s when there were only a handful of boutique pedal builders, but it's absolutely mediocre compared to what's out there today.

Back